1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Submitting your Program to the Download System

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by expon, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi :)

I am hoping that people will write nice detailed descriptions for their programs (similar to how I have done with mine).
    I realised that a lot of people don't know how to do bullet points using the list BBCode so I have posted an example below (so you can see the BBCode) of how you could layout your descriptions :)

------------------------------

This program can be used to automatically 'snipe' neopets auctions in their last seconds.
    This is not a multithreaded program, and so the GUI may freeze temporarily while it is sniping an item. Don't think it has crashed if this happens! In a future release, I intend to multithread this program (and my others too) to prevent the GUI from freezing up when it is bidding on an auction.

Features

• neofriends.net Authorization
    • Add auctions by their ID
    • Specify your max bid, and increment
    • Automatically finds item name and current bid
    • Option for gzip compression
    • Option to log back in automatically if logged out
    • Counter for auctions won and lost
    • Colour coding - green for succesful by, red for failed by, purple for waiting to bid.
    • Grabs account information
    • Logfile (can be cleared and saved to file)

Instructions

This is one of the more complicated programs to understand fully. After you have logged in succesfully, you can add auctions to the snipe list. You add an auction by entering it's ID (found in the URL of the auction), the max price you are willing to bid on it, and the overbid. The overbid is the amount of NP to bid over if someone else outbids you. For example, if the current bid is 10000np, the overbid is 1200np, and the max bid is 20000np, the program will begin by bidding 11200np. If someone else now bids 12000np, the program will bid 13200np, etc - and this will continue unless the auction goes 20000np, which was your maximum bid. Note that you can add as many auctions as you like to the snipe list - and this will not slow the program down at all (unless 2 are finishing at around the same time).

Requirements
    • .NET framework from microsoft
    Note: Vista comes with the framework already installed, XP doesn't.

2. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

With BBCode enabled.. that description looks like this:
    ----

This program can be used to automatically 'snipe' neopets auctions in their last seconds.
    This is not a multithreaded program, and so the GUI may freeze temporarily while it is sniping an item. Don't think it has crashed if this happens! In a future release, I intend to multithread this program (and my others too) to prevent the GUI from freezing up when it is bidding on an auction.

Features

• neofriends.net Authorization
    • Add auctions by their ID
    • Specify your max bid, and increment
    • Automatically finds item name and current bid
    • Option for gzip compression
    • Option to log back in automatically if logged out
    • Counter for auctions won and lost
    • Colour coding - green for succesful by, red for failed by, purple for waiting to bid.
    • Grabs account information
    • Logfile (can be cleared and saved to file)

Instructions

This is one of the more complicated programs to understand fully. After you have logged in succesfully, you can add auctions to the snipe list. You add an auction by entering it's ID (found in the URL of the auction), the max price you are willing to bid on it, and the overbid. The overbid is the amount of NP to bid over if someone else outbids you. For example, if the current bid is 10000np, the overbid is 1200np, and the max bid is 20000np, the program will begin by bidding 11200np. If someone else now bids 12000np, the program will bid 13200np, etc - and this will continue unless the auction goes 20000np, which was your maximum bid. Note that you can add as many auctions as you like to the snipe list - and this will not slow the program down at all (unless 2 are finishing at around the same time).

Requirements
    • .NET framework from microsoft
    Note: Vista comes with the framework already installed, XP doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.