1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions I have returning to the game....

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by brandon2495, Jun 6, 2013.

1. brandon2495

brandon2495 Newbie

I just recently started playing Neopets again after many years, mostly for nostalgia and not having my gaming-PC with me at the time, but I also came across sites like this and thought it would be fun to get into some of the trading aspects of the game. Heack, maybe even try and make a tiny bit of RL money while I am at it...

Now, because of my interest in entering into the trading scene, I had a few questions regarding neopoints and how best to earn them. You see, I would really like to do all of this completely legitimately, primarily through the use of the stock market and the bank in the game, perhaps some auction-house playing as well. If, however, I want to sell Neopoints or items that I buy on the AH w/ Neopoints for RL money, it would naturally require, well, a lot of them.

First and foremost, I suppose, would be this; what games are best to play legitimately and earn good NPs for my time? I have been playing Doubloon Disaster every day, and watching the ads to spin the wheel for NPs, and trying my luck in the stock market as well, but after a few days I only have some 30k NPs. So, what games and methods should I be using to try and earn as many as possible a day? I would love to eventually get to the point to where I have enough NPs in the bank to where I can collect multiple hundred, even thousands, in interest daily before I start to enter into a trading scene...

2. Lizard

Lizard Level II

If you want to work your way up legit you are likely in it for a long run.

Try restocking - if your account age is above 1 month you should be able to see all the rarities in the shops.

3. brandon2495

brandon2495 Newbie

I have seen people talking about this in many different parts of the forums. What exactly is restocking, how does it work? I understand it is something about an automatic programme that buys up items for you to sell at a higher price in your shop or at auction?

4. bldesn

bldesn Newbie

You can also try to make npts with the stock market.

5. brandon2495

brandon2495 Newbie

I have been buying up my thousand shares every day, so at least I will get good income that way once they go up, as they always do eventually unlike the RL market. Would it be a good idea to open up another account or two, for the stocks?

6. lld36

lld36 Level I

Restocking is probably your best bet. I have really made all of my money this way and the stock market. Buy low and hold on to it till it get over 50 a share that is my strategy.

7. Lizard

Lizard Level II

If you let a program do it for you, it is called Autobuying and that is against the Neopets rules (so not something you want to do if you want a legit account).

Restocking is going into a Neopets main shop, refreshing often waiting for it to stock new items. You buy them at a low price, and (hopefully) sell them for several times of what you spend.

8. idoteko

idoteko Newbie

9. brandon2495

brandon2495 Newbie

Ah, ok then. I have actually already done some shop things in the game, though not involving the storefronts but other people's shops, using the shop wizard to find cheaper items and then marking their price up. I will have to look into restocking.

...am I the only one who cannot seem to unlock the Bat difficulty in Kass Basher?

10. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

its annoying but just always wait for the wind to be at 9 in your favor and then swing the bat when it is like at the ears of your bat swinger guy. hold down space bar every time the kass thing is going up in the air, and let it go when he starts to go down and you should unlock the next level every time.

11. Aemira

Aemira Level III

The main way I make my neopoints (legitly) is playing KeyQuest and Stocks.

KeyQuest is good because you earn neopoints and items at the same time. I have a slightly outdated guide in my signature that might help with strategy.

With stocks they're pretty simple but will take time for your investments to actually earn you big np.