ABer Item List

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by onprogus, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

I know there is already an ABer Item list to download and around the site you can find some posts which have lists of what to buy in them.
    But today I was making some lists of my own, because quite often I found items that were old, some retired!, some could generate you a loss should you restock them, there were lots of repeats of many items, and lots of items that had been released since were not on the lists.
    My lists are pretty comprehensive to say the least. I have a couple of hundred items (all should be profits) for the book shop, magic, plushie etc. Everything is up-to-date and I have even taken the liberty of adding 'soon to be released' items to the lists. I have made a list of practically all the items, for ALL the shops that have a) lots of profitable items b) have at least 1 UB, so you are looking at around 80 or so lists when I am done.

So my question to you is, when I have completed it (should be later on tonight, would you like to see if I can get it uploaded/would you be prepared to pay points for it?)

Up to you guys:) The lists were originally for me, but I am prepared to help you guys out should you want it! Hehe:p

2. marlene

marlene Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks... that sounds very nice what you've done. The only problem with the idea I see is.... we've just updated them about a month or so ago... so we'd have a bunch of different lists.

What I think would be great tho would to be to add any modifications you think we need to our lists in this thread, then all we'd have to do is modify our lists.

Thanks again

3. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

Hehe no worries then:)

I couldn't add them to the thread because their are simply too many as you can no doubt imagine.

For Neopian Furniture I have 380 items alone.

4. everestsummits

new ablist

Sounds great.

I am looking forward to your lists being uploaded. I ran into the same problem with the old lists as well (outdated items, missing items, misspellings). So I was putting together lists new lists for my own use. Your lists will make my job much easier if I want to change anything for my own benefit.

And yes I am willing to buy them. Let me know when they are available and I will download immediately.

Thanks for all your hard work.

...oops sorry for the late post

5. marlene

marlene Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not asking you to post the entire list... just any addtions or removals from the lists we already have.... and the reasons

Thanks

6. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I downloaded the lists already avalable and I was going to just add/remove stuff to them, but it turned out that there was so much that needed changing (in my opinion) that it was easier to delete everything and start again.
    So thats what I did. In creating the new lists, I added in many more profitable items than they had before hence making the lists longer and more detailed, I noticed that alot of the time the lists were focusing on UBs and not necessarily all profitable items like mine now are. It would simply not be feasable for me to compare the two lists now and individually pick out what needs to be removed/added.

Thanks anyway though:)

7. marlene

marlene Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess that depends on what you define as profitable. Any items that you buy for less and sell for more is profitable.

ie, buy something for 200 NP's and sell it for 1000 NP's.

Question is.... when you take the risk of ab'ing, do you want to get the most bang for the item you grab (ie profit), hence a lot of unbuyables.

I think I read in some post that they were looking for a mininum profit of 5K or more.

As for comparing lists... I've done a lot of that using excel. It works great, and if you'd like to get some help comparing them, then I'd be more than happy to help!

8. punkeydew

punkeydew Level IV

I look for a min. profit of about 25k :p lol I dont like to waste my time on small amounts.

9. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

I aimed for around a minimum profit of 30k in most shops, obviously others may have slipped in but I have yet to have some of them restock yet. That applies to most shops except the likes of the book shop where lots of items restock frequently so lots of profit can be made in one restock from 5k+ items.

10. deathcraze

deathcraze Level III

i will be really looking forward to these lists if the admins allow them to be uploaded to the store :D i have downloaded the ones in the store, and i must agree that they are extremely outdated and having the wrong items on. so ive been compiling my own lists from neoitems. this would save us a lot of work though :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.