1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account inactive? Well neopets won't help getting it back!

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by Icegoten, May 5, 2010.

1. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

"Hello!

This account has been inactive for too long and cannot be returned. Please check to make sure you are spelling the username correctly and completely as this inactive account may not be the one you created. Please feel free to open a new account. Thank you for the email."

I sent a form to neopets about an old account of mine that I forgot the birthday to. I get this email days later. I told them I know the username and password and all I needed was the birthday. Now the ONLY choice I have to is guess the birthday 3 times each day...

2. Freja

Freja Level IV

If you forgot the birthday you put in, they won't give it back to you. People don't forgot their birthdays, meaning you must have put in a wrong one - I guess that's their logic and that's why they won't help you D:

3. Robert

Robert Level II

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.pht ... &issue=441

Editorial

*gives cookies* It seems as though, on one of my older accounts, I put in the wrong birthday. I now have no idea what it is, so I can't get in! I know my secret word and I still have the email address, so is there any way I can get my account back without knowing the birthday? Please remove my username. ~username removed
    You'll have to write in to support to recover your account. We know having to enter birthdays is a pain, but it does help keep all accounts safe. Previously there were issues with people guessing simplistic passwords of old accounts and gaining access to them. By adding the birth date question for accounts that have not been visited in a long time we can be assured that the proper owner is the one returning.

4. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

This isn't uncommon. They said he exact same thing to me. As much as they know "fake birthdays" exist, they can't tell if it really is yours and what not. Good luck! I have a few old accounts with bad birthdays too :(

5. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

Yea the Editorial said they would help and then they deny to help. Every single time I play a game or something and there is always something that is unfair it always makes me want to create my own that will work on making everything fair.

Only 1 game I know where the developers are always talking to the players to improve...

6. Kit

Kit Level I

This just happened to me the other day. I sent them an email with as much information as I could and they ACTUALLY got back to me. this is perhaps the first time they have been successful doing this! It really brought joy to my heart that they decided to be productive replying to mails. :) I just made up some willy nilly excuse for having a fake birthday, and BAM.

7. grammatandy

grammatandy Level I

Sometimes - if you have friends who were on that account - you can look at those and it will give you the birthday.

Try to remember - would you have used your birthday and maybe a year that made you look older - start there.

Also - look at the account - how old is it - then try to figure out what year would have made you 13. That might help.

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Level II

I once lost my old side account's birthday, and with a little bit of information (Past BC entries that had my main's name signed on it), a TNT member sent it back to me.

Good luck getting yours back.

9. PieceofPoo

PieceofPoo Level I

Have you tried checking the birthdate you used on the e-mail connected to that account? It may very well be the same birthdate

10. CradleChild

CradleChild Level I

Try to send them an email to support@neopets.com that helped me for my inactive account ^^

11. PieceofPoo

PieceofPoo Level I

12. Aemira

Aemira Level III

Sorry to be "grave-digging" but I had the same issue recently. I sent in a help forum and it took several days, but they finally gave me the birthday for the account I was trying to access! All you have to do is be extremely polite and say something like you think you might've put a fake birthday or something. Provide them with the username and pass to convince them more. They'll email you back saying they can't give it to you unless you have solid proof that you're the owner. They ask you to email them back from the e-mail that you made the account with and provide more information about the account like who the neofriends were or what neocash items it had. I knew my account had none of those two so I provided what was inside the safety deposit box (that I could remember). To be honest, I didn't remember, but when I saw that one of my pets on that account had a petpet given out during the advent calendar, I looked up the prizes for that certain year and just listed some of those things, adding that I might've been a little forgetful as to whether those were or weren't in the account. It's a really tough process, but one way or another you'll hopefully get it back. :(

Good luck!

13. AcidSpiral

AcidSpiral Level I

I just got lucky with mine and the original birthday I put was exactly 20 years before my real birthday. lol Neopets must think I'm an old man by now. :S