Account Security Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Shaw, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Shaw

Shaw Newbie

Password
    This is probably the biggest possibly mistake someone can make to get their account "hacked" into without directly giving the "hacker" their password.

Never use one password for every single account/webpage. It may seem very convinient to do so, but if someone gets a hold of one of the accounts, they can get into every single account. Don't use something obvious, like if your account is named Ilovepokemon117... dont make your password pokemonlover117. That would be increadibly stupid. Neopets has made it so you now have to have at least two (2) numbers in your password. Write your passwords on paper, and put it somewhere where siblings will not find it easily. If they find it, and have a grudge one you, they could easily give your accounts away, or get them iced. Don't put it on your computer, because people can easily get onto your computer. If someone remote assists you, they could just look at it very fast. Change your password frequently, this will prevent from someone like an ex-friend scamming you.

Pins

Well. I have known some seriously retarted people, who let newbies on their accounts without pins, and if they have pins, they use pins like 1111 and their birth year, or possibly numbers in their username. (No offence to Newbies) But seriously make your pin something like 4861 or 6182. I don't advise putting a one in the front. Put pins on email change, and anything else that could be an object that someone would like to scam you in. (IE: Pounding pets, bank, shop, SDB.)

Email

Generally, I know people that can hack into hotmail accounts and things like that. So my only advice is do not use the same password for your email as your account, and don't use something like hotmail or gmail. You should also delete your email from neopets, incanse your Email gets hacked by someone who doesn't even know about your account.

Bai

2. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

nice guide. You could also mention about cookies. It's good to clear cookies sometimes, so xss (cross-site) cookie grabbers don't get you :)