Advanced BD Set Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by GrapeFruit, Dec 15, 2006.

1. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Ok so this is basically a spin off of my old set guide and is for the more experienced/richer players. I hope that by this time you've gotten used to the BD and you've noticed some patterns/style to peoples weapons/fighting styles this can only help you.

These sets are for 85-125 boost fighters I go the cheapest most effective route so you'll see me throw in some species stuff as I see fit.

Bow of Destiny
    Ramtors Spell Book
    Pike Pike/Golden Compass
    Downsize!
    Honey Potion
    Ancient Lupe Wand
    Mystical White Cloak
    Greater Healing Scroll/Healer

This set is good because of the different types of icons that you can choose from to get through most defenses plus you still have good defense for some common weapons.
    BOD gets through sink which is a very common ability.
    RSB gets through burrow also a very common ability.
    I say pike pike or GoC because I've noticed allot of players now buy G-Shields so pike pike would be good cuz it would get about 6 icons through if you don't fight many G-Shields then I'd go with a GoC.
    Downsize! still the best thing you can have for any set.
    Honey potion massive damage during freeze or regular bombing.
    ALW-100% freezer cheapest you'll find.
    MWC-Defends allot of common items at this level.
    GHS/Healer-Whatever you can afford

Strategy-
    Freeze+BOD+Defend/Burrow
    HP+BOD+Fierce/Berzerk(Should be a death blow if not use attacker+shield+defend and heal when needed)
    ***If frozen skip to next one
    attacker+shield+defend
    attacker+shield+sink
    If healing is necessary Shield+Healer+Defend
    Once healed wait til they use up burrow+sink+D! so theres nothing for them to block with then use D!+HP+Fierce/Berzerk this will catch most people off guard and if the pet isn't dead then use
    Attacker+Shield+Defend

Anything above 125 boost requires at least 15mil in order to be a challenge. This is what I recommend:

Pretty much the same set except sub out the Honey Potion for a Ghotskerbomb switch the species freezer to an H4K and get a species healer. The strategy is pretty much the same except the timing has to be more on. As soon as you upgrade those things you could either save for a nice G-Shield or save for an SoS don't settle for anything less because frankly it isn't worth it. The main necessities at 300 boost are

Pirate Captains Cutlass(Your favorite constant)
    Sword of Skardsen(Your burrow killer)
    Portable Kiln(Your G-Shield Killer)
    Ghostkerbomb(Your annihilator)
    H4000 Helmet/Freezing Potion/Sleep Ray(Your Freezer)
    Minimum 50% healer
    Downsize!

If you want defense
    Ghostkershield(If you want defense)
    Clawed Shield(Sub out D!)

This will run you about 42million w/o defense and about 50 with and its the best set you can get thats feasible unless of course you have 100s of millions to spend but not many of us have that. If you do and need some advice let me know and I can help you ;) If you can make NP easier if you have the NP to spend or are willing to wait and save I suggest just buy the 15mil set I suggest or if you can the 40+mil set this is only if you make mad NP or just have the cash just skip.

I hope you've found these guides useful to you if you have any questions at all feel free to PM me or post here. If you lik what you see +rep is GREATLY appreciated.

2. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

ALW isnt a 100% freezer

3. gitanil

gitanil Level II

I thought it was, except that it can break.

4. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

my mistake, but it breaks often and is a species specific weapon.

5. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Yes thats true I posted that I would put species specific things in for the sole purpose of price.

6. avdale

avdale Level I

Slight problem with your guide is that you've pretty much taken a newbie BD set and found more powerful weapons. Normally this would be okay but I almost fell out of my chair when I saw things like greater healing scroll and Patched Magical Hat in an "advanced" set. 85 boosters should really be using species healer or scorchstones as typically they have 125+ HP. As for patched magical hat at this level there is very little choice but G-Shield. It has the most tactical uses and is a peerless pure shield. Overall 3/5

7. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Thats normally what you do is add to your set slowly unless of course you lucky and AB 3mil+ a day in which case you can upgrade your set drastically everyday. Notice I put GHS/Healer I'm trying to be as efficient as I an with NP thats the reason for it most 85 boosters I fight usually have around 90-100 HP and still use GHS or some other species healer but they can afford non species specific freezers make . But like I said "If you have the NP to spend or are willing to wait and save I suggest just buy the 15mil set I suggest or if you can the 40+mil set".