Advanced Stock Market Guide [The long version]

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by XstrageX, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XstrageX

XstrageX Level III

When learning how to play the stock market, it is important to have 1 thing, neopoints. To make money you've got to have money, or a steady source of 20k a day at the most.

The stock market is a long drawn out way of making np. It doesn't usually have a huge profit at first and doesn't really make as much as Rsing does. The largest profit I've had at one time is 509k of KAUF when i had 11k shares and sold at 59. So if you are looking to make quick money stocks are not for you.

The fun side of stocks is that its a really awesome feeling to see that 200k you invested turn into 700k or more! I played the stocks for fun for a year and a half and made about 3 mill.

Now for the actual guide:

1. Starting the Stocks

Gather together you neopoints and figure out your situation. If you make less than 15k a day you'll want to save up about 200k or more, and then start playing. If you make over 15k a day then you'll be fine with whatever you decide to do.

2. When to Buy Stocks and What Stocks to Buy

When buying stocks, never buy the stocks that are above 20 np a share. 15-17 np a share is a good buying range.

When trying to determine what stocks to buy first you must decided what your selling range is. It goes generally like this:

Beginner - Sell at 30+
    Intermediate - Sell at 45+
    Advanced - Sell at 60+
    Crazy Patient People - 100+

People will tell you that the stocks are random, this is partially true. Each stock tends to follow its own pattern. For instance certain stocks have hit 60 np a share more often than other stocks, stocks such as EEEEE or KAUF (my favorite). These stocks are very good stocks to invest in because they will most likely give you a profit quicker than the others. For a quick reference at which stocks are good stocks, take a look here

http://www.neodaq.com/index.php?page=gr ... &sort=Live

For a more advanced report card look here:

http://www.neodaq.com/index.php?page=ch ... r=grade_30

*Btw "runs" means how many times that stock has hit a particular sell point*

It can all look very confusing, but this site has many helpful tools and tips to help you make the most of your stock market expirience. Each report card tell you the grade of each stock. Depending on which card you look at it will tell you the grade at a certain sell point. The first one tells you the grade of each stock at a sell point of 30. The second tells you the grade of a stock at every popular sell point. Just find a stock with a good grade (A - B) that is also at 15 - 20 np a share, and buy 1000 shares of that stock.

3. Diversifying and Being Patient

When buying stocks its always good to buy different stocks. Putting all your money into one stock would be a huge loss for you if that stock went bankrupt. Thankfully that doesn't happen very often, but in case it does, you'll be ready.

Never sell a stock before it hits your sell point. If your stock is at 44 and your sell point is 45 don't sell unless your happy with the profit. Thats one thing i learned playing the stocks. Never sell before your sell point. What you have to think is, well it didn't hit my sell point this time around, but it probably will next time this stock spikes. And by then I'll have bought more of that stock and made even more np than before!

You'll eventually become accustomed to the stock market and you'll find http://www.neodaq.com to be a invaluable resource. In this guide i have only outlined my personal and most profitable strategy. At neodaq.com they have a guide on there with a list of strategies, and detailed descriptions of all of them. Hope you have fun with the stocks and may profits follow you where ever you may go.

2. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

a quality guide...thanks and +rep :D

3. jfur_x

jfur_x Level III

Nice guide. I've dabbled in the stocks before but never gotten into them too much. Might have to start investing again. +rep

4. XstrageX

XstrageX Level III

Thanks you guys very much ^^ i appreciate the rep and hope this guide works out for you.

5. boomm

boomm Level IV

Great guide. Do you have the link to the stock market? Coz I can't find a way of going on to it as they hanged the games room layout. +rep :D

6. XstrageX

XstrageX Level III

7. boomm

boomm Level IV

8. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

Very nice +rep

9. Immikeso

Immikeso Level II

well thought out guide +rep

10. xenophobe

xenophobe Level II

thanks. I'd always thought the market was completely random. Also thakns for the neodaq website, its good.

11. jfur_x

jfur_x Level III

I know a link was already posted but for future reference there's a link to the stock market on the front page as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.