Aliens

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Milanos, Oct 21, 2007.

?

Do aliens exist ?

1. Yes, but they haven't been on earth and don't know of our existence.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Yes, they are watching us, but haven't been on our planet.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Yes, and they've been on earth.

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  4. No.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Who of you believe in aliens ?

I'm very very sure that they exist, and that they've been to earth. There've been so many UFO sightings, there has to be at least one of them right :p

Some people say : They haven't been to earth, that'd take them way too long. Well, maybe they're way more advanced than we are. If you see that modern culture only began in the last 4000-5000 years, then they can already be far further in technology.

Anyway, what are are your opinions on this ?

2. cardenal

cardenal Level III

I believe in aliens, and I believe that it would be possible for them to come to Earth, I just think they haven't.
    I think that they are too smart to want to become involved with such a [sometimes] self-destructive race.

thats so true. All the accounts of aliens being spotted, the UFO crash landings. At the one military base where they are supposed to have kept the bodies of the aliens that crash landed on Earth, everybodies description of the aliens was the same, and people that had never met each other had the same description of the type of metal that was used to make the spaceship.
    there are too many accounts for all of them to be wrong

I think that the only reason they might come to earth one day is for a kind of "missionary" work. to teach us better ways of utilizing our resources, or dealing with each other.

3. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I think that too.

Hopefully they're too advanced to fight and have war the whole time, otherwise humans should fear for their lives ;)

Do you watch Discovery Science much ? :p

4. cardenal

cardenal Level III

it's one of my favorite channels...

and, we'd be screwed if aliens were like humans in anyway, because when humans find a new land, there first thought is "hmmm... more land. let's rush in and conquer and colonize it"
    Hopefully aliens have progressed passed that kind of thought...

5. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't be too worried about that. :p
    [​IMG]

6. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

:D

That'd be fun, if that really happened :p

Or that they were allergic to water.

7. cardenal

cardenal Level III

or they were allergic to germs, or our atmosphere?

8. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

Well if they are so technologically advanced, then no amount of allergy will stop them.

Actually i do not know what i believe in regarding this issue. But i am actually too afraid to go and think about it. But i am quite sure all real aliens are quite different from the ones that we have in our films.

9. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Technologically advanced they might be, but physiologically advanced they might not be. Their bodies' immune system might work in a different way. Who knows, if they were such a technologically advanced race, they might have eradicated disease all together, and therefore their immune system may have deteriorated. The aliens were defeated in 'The War of the Worlds', if you've seen or read it, by their lack of an immune system, and succumbing to bacteria.

10. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I think that they're just simply undefeatable if they attack us. If they have the technology to discover us, then come on our planet, they'll surely have enough strong weapons to kill us.

But that's only if they're agressive. Which they hopefully will not be.

11. Virre

Virre Level IV

If aliens were here, I doubt that they would come just to take over our planet, or o even influence us. I don't deny a possibility that there might be aliens on earth right now, but I think that they're more interested in observing us, like true scientists.
    We've just been able to send rockets into space, and they probably want to monitor our progress.

12. cardenal

cardenal Level III

But why would they be interested in our progress? When less advanced societies are discovered, we don't just monitor their progress, we usually try to colonize them, because we see them as "savages" [granted, not all the time, but my point stands]

why wouldn't they do the same thing?

13. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Because they aren't that agressive and war-thinking as we are ? And they want to learn from other civilizations ? Like that we read about the Romans.

14. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

This i have to agree with you. I think that this is the most possible thing that is happening now.
    Well scientist? What would they want to do. Find out everything of course! Maybe we are linked to their past? Who knows what they are thinking.

15. Virre

Virre Level IV

Think of it like this:
    Today, we're very civilzed and most of us wouldn't start a war for territory. We don't colonize anymore. Sure, there are still some countries that do this, but most don't. We respect each others borders, and wish to live in harmony with each other.
    If aliens were here, they would have to be far more advanced than us, which also means that they probably have been around longer than us. If we are coming closer to peace in the world, why wouldn't they be as well?
    When scientists are interested in learning about animals habits, they don't just run to the animals and scream "Do something, let me see how you interact with your enviroment!". They observe without interfering. I don't see why aliens wouldn't be the same. Again, if they are far more advanced than us, they would probably not be willing to release their technology to us since we wouldn't be completely reliable yet, so they would be observing us, studying us, until the day that we are ready for an encounter.
    Alot of people are also religious, and the fact that aliens exist would cause major problems for us to continue with our lives.
    Personally I belive that if they have contacted some governments, these governments would be helping the world to get used to the idea of existing aliens, until the threat of mass hysteria wouldn't be as big. This could be the reason to why ufo sightings have increased, or why some of NASA's films are live and some aren't. A disclosure project.
    Just theories though. =)

16. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Whew.

Virre, I really like that theory o_O

17. cardenal

cardenal Level III

I like your theory, but, different civilizations evolve differently. Who is to say that just because we are evolving toward a peaceful society, that aliens haven't evolved in a totally different direction? Maybe they've evolved to an every-man-for-himself violent society?

But I agree with you. I'm just trying to present a different side of the argument. [what would a debate be if everyone thought the same thing? :D ]

18. Virre

Virre Level IV

The only bad thing about it is that I formed it partly based on an episode of Star Trek. The Primary Directive, not to interfer with other world's affairs, haha.
    I just figured that it makes sense, and developed it a bit further. =)

Well we don't have anything else to compare to, and we can only assume that they would evolve similar.
    Since the majority of people on earth has evolved towards a peaceful way, there is a high probability that it would be the same in the case of aliens.

19. Mastercjb

Mastercjb Level IV

Well..... Think there are aliens, I mean theres no way we are the only plant out there that has life on it. But im not so sure on them being on earth. We are citizen have no proof of this theory. However the government, they might have alittle more evidence on this matter.

20. driftyx

driftyx Level I

I...... am.... a.... Homo sapienn!!!! and ALIENS ARE REAL! ;D Sector 1337 ftw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.