1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone loves KUngfu Movies? or Shaolin Movies?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pandahorde, Jan 17, 2009.

1. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

hhmm.. i like it ..specially chinese masters of martial arts..

Jetli, jackie chan moves..! i really love it.!

2. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

I love Bruce Lee's films and films like Hero and Crouching Tiger they are just visually stunning. My favourite kung fu film though is probably Kung Fu Hustle it's just genius and so funny =]

3. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

LOL. kung fu hustle.. some of characters are from shaolin soccer..
    its awesome.. and now i want to watch kung fu dunk !. hehehe

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Well both films were by Stephen Chow. His other movies (eg. God of Cookery, From Beijing with Love) are both hilarious and full of great martial arts choreography.
    Jet Li's earlier movies I think were better, compared to his Americanised ones. The one was a pretty bad film.

5. Royal

Royal Level IV

I am not Asian, and do not have any roots there, but I like the fighting in the movies, although I don't know much about the culture and history of it. Other than what I have learned about daymios(sp) and samurai from World History class.

6. waatp42

waatp42 Level I

You have never lived until you have stumbled in from a night out in Hong Kong turned on the TV and watched a Kung Fu movie in Cantonese with Mandarin sub titles :yup:

Happy days :arf:

7. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

I should watch Shaolin Soccer but the soccer part kind of puts me off I'm guessing it's hardly necessary to like soccer to like the film though.

8. jfur_x

jfur_x Level III

I never used to be too much into Kung Fu movies but my fiance is horribly addicted to them so I'm starting to watch a lot more of them. I actually just watched Kung Fu Hustle last night on Comedy Central and that was pretty great. I prefer the old Jackie Chan movies though...or Bruce Lee.

9. krilas

krilas Level II

Most of the ones that I watch are actually infused with comedy, if you watch "real" Kung Fu movies/show I think most of the time they are too engrossed with fighting than anything else; basically the main characters are always fighting to achieve some greater power. Those that I watch are usually by Jackie Chan and Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, etc).

10. Henry

Henry Level II

I loveeeee chinese kung fu movies. I don't really like the funny ones but more the serious ones. Except, I loved kung fu hustle, great movie. Other movies with Jet Li/Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan are good to me. Kiss of the dragon anyone?