Attack of the Gummy Dice Guide.

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by gaelle, Dec 29, 2006.

1. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

Trophies and Rankings
    Trophies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rankings
    When you look at your High Score Table, you will get a ranking in each game you play, based on your score. Here's the rank ranges:

0-99 Beginner
    100-399 Amateur
    400-699 Novice
    700-1099 Expert
    1100-1499 Master
    1500 + Grand Master

[​IMG]

Controls

Use the A and S keys on the keyboard to rotate the dice. Position them with the arrow keys on the keyboard. When you've got them in the place you want, press the space bar to drop them.

Note that when you drop the dice, they will land at the lowest spot possible for each. For example, if you were to drop these pineapple die above this grape one in this fashion, they would land to form a stack on top of the grape die and the others will fall to the ground.

[​IMG]

Basics

The aim of the game is to clear the board as much as possible by connecting a group of at least 5 blocks of the same color. When you do this, the connected blocks will all disappear. You can connect your blocks all on one level, or you can stack them up. A warning, though: the blocks cannot be taller than the grid on the edge of the board. If they get to be that tall, an alarm will sound, the board blows up, and the game is over.

There are five different colored blocks to connect. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. The board comes pre-loaded with a group of blocks for you to build off of. And after a certain level, blocks begin popping up under your blocks just to mess with you, after and sometimes during every turn.

[​IMG]

Secrets

Typing 'gummydice' during play will change the current dropping block color.

[​IMG]

Points and Scoring

Each level has a basic amount of points needed to go on to the next level. You earn points by making groups of 5 or more blocks of the same color that touch each other.

Points Needed
    The points needed in each level begin on level 1 with 40 points. Each level, 20 more necessary points are added to the points needed (ie, level 2 - 60 points, level 3 - 80 points). You can see how many points you need and how many points you've earned so far in the blue box on the right side of the game screen.

Bonus Points

The points you earn for groups of a certain number blocks doesn't work the way you think. True, if you make a group of 5 you get 5 points, and a group of 6 is worth 6 points. But larger combinations earn you bonus points. Let's see exactly how this works.

[​IMG]

The exception to this table is if you use a bomb block. Bomb blocks count one point for each block in the column that is destroyed, including the bomb. So if the column happens to be 9 blocks tall, and you drop a bomb on it, you get 10 points for the column, not 12 or 14.

[​IMG]

Special Blocks

There are a few special blocks in addition to the five basic colored blocks. These blocks have special features that the normal blocks don't have.

Gray Blocks

There are gray blocks that don't count as a group of 5. They cannot be destroyed unless you blow them up with a bomb or change their color with a rainbow block.

[​IMG]

Bomb Blocks

Bombs blow up an entire column of blocks when dropped, and give you one point per block that blew up. This includes the bomb. So, if you get a bomb and sucessfully drop it, you're guaranteed to get one point.

[​IMG]

Rainbow Blocks

There are also color changing blocks. Try not to get these confused with the rainbow blocks. Color changing blocks are blocks that will change color (and make an audible color-changing noise) while you think about where to place them. Once placed, they act just like normal blocks, and have no special feature. But if you wait until they change into the color you need, you can make groups of 5 much easier than usual.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ollie's Blocks

These blocks are completely orange, with a pictures of Ollie (the Neopets Team member who makes a lot of the coolest games) on each side. To my understanding, they work like a bomb. They blow up the entire column you drop them on, along with the 8 columns immediately surrounding it in each direction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How the Game Ends

The game ends in one of three ways:
    1. You manually end the game (by clicking 'End Game').
    2. You stack blocks too tall (touching or above the grid). An alarm will sound and the gummy dice will explode.
    3. You have too many blocks on the screen (exact number not yet verified) and set off the same alarm.

Guide End

+rep very apreciated :D !

2. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

nobody want to try to win a trophie with my game ?

3. aber123

aber123 Newbie

Good guide +rep

4. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

thank you ! I hope it help you !

5. Zabb

Zabb Level I

I pretty much knew how the game works... but what I am wanting is how the heck do you actually get enough points to get a trophy??? I always fail it because I have so many blocks at the end of the level, I lose points.

6. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

you need to practice guys =)

7. Zabb

Zabb Level I

I've played that game probably over 50 times.. I still can't score over 700 points. I'm just a lame player I guess...

8. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

50 time is not a lot ! for some game i've play about 600-700 time (exemple : extreme herder) !