Banned... from my school's computer lab.

Discussion in 'World of SPAM' started by btboy5, Mar 5, 2007.

1. btboy5

btboy5 Level II

Recently, my schoolmates got bold and had LAN gaming in the school's computer labs, with two really oblivious teachers sitting around monitoring the place. There were games like Halo and Warcraft III. People just brought a 2 gig thumb drive, copied game folders to a shared folder, and passed the thumb drive on while the game folders were being copied to a shared folder. I got caught together with a dozen others playing, and was banned for two days. XD

2. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

that happened at our school ;) ...people started playing cracked games and uploading them to the shared drive...but I guess our admins are nicer so they allowed us to continue playing games as long as we hosted it on our own server (which we paid for) and they're not cracked version :D

3. btboy5

btboy5 Level II

Wow... Our school is much more strict, its strictly no gaming, because all the internet and electricity bills amount to a few thousand a month, which can be reasonably reduced if we don't play. The other time three boys were playing LAN games for 4 hours straight during and after school, the administrators of the ExLab they were in smelt a rat and rushed over, pounding the doors like mad and demanding explanations. Man, for a moment I thought the teacher was gonna kill them or something.

4. Aetom

Aetom Newbie

Yeah, my school is strict too, although no one listens to them anyways.

Halo is allowed on your comps?

The only way we can copy a file with any other format besides excel, word, etc. is with the admins password, which I knew, but a lot of other people knew, so he changed his pass lol

5. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

I'm not sure how they did it but they got halo, cs, unreal tournament, and a bunch of other games onto the shared ;)