Basic Stock Market Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Gein, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gein

Gein Newbie

I searched the forum, but was unable to find any sort of Stock Market guide, so I've decided to write one. If you get use out of it +Rep would be great.

Make sure you read over the rules, and get a basic understanding for the market before reading this guide. I decided not to try to post screenshots, etc. Simply because it takes up too much space. So you'll need to check it out to understand a few terms that I speak of.

**Disclaimer**
    I am not responsible for how you play the stock market. This is only a guide, of how I play. I make decent profits off of it, and if you follow my guide, you should too.

Getting Started
    Here's a few points you need to know before you get started.

1: The stock market is not what some may see as fast paced. It takes alot of patience, and alot of money (15,000 NP a day to make it worth it).

2: To be successful in the stock market, you have to have the patience to know when to sell. If your not a patient person, the Stock Market is not for you.

3: Never sell at a loss. Selling at a loss is the only way to lose money in the stock market. Sometimes, for a stock to peak, it can take days, or even weeks. Be Patient!

Setting a Sell Point Goal
    My personal strategy in the Stock Market, is to set a personal Sell Goal. What I mean by this, is a spot, where I am comfortable selling my stocks. For a new player to the market, or someone who doesn't have unlimited funds, a good starting Sell point, is 30 (100% Profit). By this, you'll double your money. Once you become more comfortable, both with the stock market, and financially, you can always change it to higher. Although the higher your goal, the longer it will take for your stocks to reach this level. So keep that in mind, when setting your goal, and do not sell lower, no matter what.

Buying Shares
    Most people will tell you to buy your shares, between 15 and 17. I disagree. I never buy stocks unless they are at 15. 15 is the lowest that the market will allow you to go when purchasing shares, so use this. Throughout the day, there will always be one or two shares, that are selling at 15. Find them, and sink 15,000 NP into one. (15,000 NP, is what 1000 shares will cost you).

Diversify
    Diversity is a key when it comes to playing the stock market. DO NOT sink all your NP, into on share. By doing this, yes, you will profit big once that stock hits. But who knows, it could be 3 months before that stock see's it's peak. By putting 1000 into several stocks, double buying only when you have too, your setting yourself up to make more profits. The more diverse your portfolio, the more frequently one of your many stocks will peak.

DO NOT
    Whatever you do, DO NOT Sell for lower than what you paid. I've said it before, doing this is the only way you'll ever lose money playing the stock market. Shares on Neopets will ALWAYS go up eventually, and always PEAK eventually. So if you wait, and have patience, you'll never lose a dime to the stock market.

Frequently Asked Questions

What Shares should I look for?
    I cannot tell you this. I personally like two main stocks. LUPE, and EEEE. These stocks, frequently peak up at well over 100%. If I see them at 15, I will always buy. However, you'll have to watch how things go, and decide for yourself.

My shares haven't peaked in over two weeks!!
    Be patient. As I said before, this is where alot of people go off track. They decide to sell low, at a loss. Selling at a loss is the only way to lose money. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. The key to being successful in this game, is patience.

What do you think about (Insert Stock Ticker here)?
    I think it's great! Seriously, the company, unless you find it to be a frequently peaking stock, does not matter. One is as good as another. They all will peak eventually. Trust me, I've made most of my money on the stock market!

I hope this guide helps someone out. Alot of it is pretty easy to figure out on your own. However I've found alot of people get nervous, and make mistakes. If you follow my advice, you should make good profits. But as I said, this isn't a get rich quick scheme. It takes time, and alot of patience.

2. sickandtired

sickandtired Level IV

Nice guide I will do some searching to see if its really yours 8)

3. Gein

Gein Newbie

rofl it better be mine. I sat here and wrote it on the spot.

None the less, I'm sure there are much more in depth guides out there. When I first started I was in a guild that had one with many screenshots and such. Mine is very basic.

4. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

I really like your guide, actually it introduces new people to the stock market easily, without almost anything to worry about and make them not try.
    Oh yea, +rep.

5. sickandtired

sickandtired Level IV

defenitly yours :) +rep

6. dragonballfan

dragonballfan Level III

good guide + rep for you.

7. samurai210

samurai210 Level II

Yes

I have heard this before and I might just try it

8. dikel16

dikel16 Level II

9. lucasehh

lucasehh Level II

Thanks 4 the guide ! +rep. I've made quite a bit from the stockmarket.

10. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

You obviously did not search very well.

There are several other guides, on this and some of them even include pictures. Try using the search button.
    It does wonders.

11. patching

patching Level I

This guide help me in making my money more profitable by buying stocks then sell it.. :lol:

12. zergses

zergses Level II

once apon a time there was no restrictions on the stock market, you could buy infinite stocks at 1np and sell and literally double your money over night. good times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.