Begginer/Intermediate Battledome Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Rice, May 11, 2007.

1. Rice

Rice Level III

I often have people on neopets asking me "like OMG how did you get over 3000 wins with a 3 month account"

So i thought id write a short and simple guide to the do's and dont's of the battledome.

First of all training is the most important fact. with out this you could be using Dual Faerie slingshots and still not be able to beat Mueka.

So before you start read this guide:

http://www.neofriends.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7046

The next step is to buy your first Set ( A group of weapons that you use to battle)

Your set primarly depends on your budget so ill post several possible sets depending on your budget.(please remeber at this moment in time weapons are inflated due to the plot)

Sets under 50k:

Dual Obsidian Dagger
    Blue Scorchstone
    Illusiens earth potion
    Purple sticky hand

This set would be good for a battler with under 25hp and on a low budget.
    The reason i chose the obsidian Daggers over scarab rings is because the both do 6 icons of attack but the daggers often do up to 8 icons. Therefore giving you a total of 16 icons instead of 12. Although the scarab rings has 3 defence icons at this begginer stage of the BD the extra 4 attack icons are more usefull (Also the daggers are only 500np each)

Sets under 300k:
    Ice club
    Stone Club or Essence of Esophagar
    Greater Healing Scroll
    Green frost cannon
    Purple Stick hand

The Ice Club and Stone Club or Essence of Esophagar can be switched with a golden compass x2 if you have a good defence or use a golden compass + one of the previously mentioned weapons for a good icon variety.

Intermediate Set:
    Chose 2 main weapons from this list:
    Staff of righteous furt
    Scuzzys Comb
    Ramtors spellbook

I personaly would use the SoRF and RSB because of the icon variety and the fact you could deal upto 22 icons ( constant 10 from the RSB + 8 - 12 from the SoRF)

Ok the next step is abilities. The 4 main abilities i would recomend are Drain life, Burrow, Sink and Fiery Gaze.

http://www.neopets.com/~garmfry#Abilities

http://www.neopets.com/~garmfry#Abilities

Everything there should explain the abilities to you and how to get them.

Ok so on to the battle. Everyone is diffrent but on my first move i tend to use my 2 main weapons + Drain Life.

Never go in and use fierce attack plus your 2 mains. you want to get to know what weapons you opponent has. So always try and defend and do some attack on your first shot (thats where dual duality weapons comein handy) if you see you oppent has an Essence of Esophagar as a main weapon then use a leaf shield which will completley demolish his EoE.

i always tend to keep either burrow or sink for when im healing with my Greater healing scroll as this allows me to heal to almost full.

After time you will adopt your own battle stratigies so just keep at it and have fun :D

Edit: if theres anything ive missed out or you want me to add just PM me. [/i]

2. darc-death

darc-death Level III

there are already various guides pertaining to this

3. Rice

Rice Level III

Sorry can a mod lock or delete the topic then

4. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

i still like this guide, even if theres been others

esp the help with the bd items