Book Reader

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Anfan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Alright, so, a little while back Will posted a cheap book list here: post273311.html

A couple days ago I set out to buy all the books on that list and read them to a particular pet, but it took me quite a few hours just to get through the entire >1000 NPs section.

So, I was wondering, does anyone think it'd be possible/have an idea of how to make some sort of program that, when inputted with a particular list of books, would automatically purchase said books and read them to a particular pet?

(Currently my knowledge of computer programming languages is pretty much limited to basic HTML, though I'll be learning C++, Python, and Java in the next couple of years...and getting high school credits for it, too. :p)

2. Brian

Brian Level I

I can do this would give me something to program!

3. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Really? Kudos.

As I see it, you could probably make this and Dark's idea of a list buyer sort of combined. Making a list buyer, the list buyer could them be incorporated to buy the books, and then a separate part of the program reads them. (Perhaps keep your inventory empty, have the list buyer buy the books, then automatically use every item in your inventory using the "Read to _______" option?)

4. Dark

Dark Level IV

*cough* this would work great when the list buyer is done! *cough* :)