Cash? How do I get it?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by jhedra, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jhedra

jhedra Level I

I'm new here and I noticed that to download anything, I need "points". Are points the same as cash? How do I get this said cash? D:
    How long would it take to get say.. 175 cash?

2. Patty

Patty Level III

3. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

I'd say 175 could be earned in two weeks. :)

4. Patty

Patty Level III

dont forget about the 30 cash points a day rule :p

5. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Remember, you also get bonus cash for Rank upgrades

6. Patty

Patty Level III

oh yea i totally forgot about that...my bad :p

7. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

You can also get cash for guides you make and other helpful stuff. Plus, you can always donate USD.

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

This has everything for Newbies including the RULES ;) [Guide] Starting Out on Neofriends: NEWBIES' GUIDE!

Taken from that guide:

Forum Cash & Downloading

Forum cash is a Neofriends.net "currency." It is gained by making non-spam posts, writing good guides, contributing, or donating to the site. Forum cash is used for downloading programs found at the Download Section.

Posting (+Forum Cash)

Let's start with the simplest, easiest way to gain forum cash: posting. As you read in the rules, spamming for forum cash is not tolerated. To gain it responsibly, you must make non-spam posts that evolve around the subject, are genuinely interested, etc. You can rack up on forum cash if you post useful, genuine posts daily. It adds to the forum and helps conversations prosper. NOTE: MAX 30 FORUM CASH GAINED PER DAY BY POSTING.

Here are the sections that you can make non-spam posts that gain forum cash:

Guides/Contributing (+Forum Cash)

Contributing with guides, major help, and anything that helps the community can also make you pretty rich in forum cash :yup:. This is one of the hardest yet best ways to gain forum cash because you show that your guide was not worth just 1 forum cash if it was good ;). This shows that you care about the community, and moderators will give you forum cash as necessary. This is one of the best things a new member can do to help the forum. For requesting cash for your guides, click here.

Donating (+Forum Cash)

Donating is a very appreciated and easy way to gain forum cash. Instead of spamming, this is an option for leechers and those who don't have the time to be active in a forum. To donate: lwdonate.php

Advancing Level(s) (+Forum Cash)

When you reach Level I (1), you will receive 15 forum cash points automatically.
    Upon reaching Level II (2), you will receive 40 forum cash points automatically.
    Reaching Level III (3) will give 75 forum cash points automatically to you.
    When you reach Level IV (4), you will receive 100 forum cash points automatically.
    Upon reaching Level V (5), you will receive free programs automatically.

Losing Forum Cash (-Forum Cash)

When you spam, break rules, etc., moderators can elect to take away some or all of your forum cash. You may also be infracted along with the forum cash loss. Moderators would not like to do this to any members, but if you break a rule, :X: dead.

Downloading (-Forum Cash)

When you buy a program from the Download Section, it will take away from your forum cash according to what the author charges. When you buy a program, you have not downloaded it yet. Buying only puts it in your Program Purchases page. To download a bought program, just go to the program's page and click "Download Now".​

9. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Good job. You might want to put how many posts it takes to get to each level so people will understand after how many posts they can expect to receive bonuses.

10. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

That's exactly what the "Advancing Levels" meant. Instead of saying how many posts, it said the level...which is at the top of the guide, but I didn't put in :p

11. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Sorry, I just got very confused...ignore my post 0.o

I'm silly this morning...