Cloning? For or against?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2007.

?

Is it a good thing?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Creating pigs with no legs, chickens with no bones.. other cloning proscees? is it good or bad?

Please discuss.

2. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

I'm for it, there's so much we could do with cloning, get an unlimited food supply, you have all these 3rd world countries and not enough food...You could just clone the food and the people would atleast get nutrition. I guess the purpose of the pigs with no legs and chickens with no bones would be for food?

3. moose

moose Level IV

nah, with bush around, hed prob clone himself then wed all be screwed

4. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

Well then he would die a lot sooner...cloning just copied each cell, as you get older your chromosomes get shorter and shorter and reproduce shorter and shorter so Bush would be like 30-40 and like die of old age.

EDIT: Also with cloning you'd be able to clone organs and important bodily tissues when a humans die. Lets say a person gets in a car accident and their liver dies, then they need a new liver and instead of only having one liver they use that one liver to clone and make thousands and thousands of other livers then you only need a fraction of the real liver to make millions of alternative livers.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

xD, amen to that.

But yea, they're making pigs with no legs because you barley eat the legs anyway. And imagane how tender the rest of the pig would be! no walking, rolling arround, only wobbeling!

6. Aetom

Aetom Newbie

Absolutely!

That's one of the problems with America. We are too infocued with the 'morals' of things rather than advancing ourselves! There's all kinds of other countries out there advancing in medical care because they perform experiments on humans, such as cloning, and they get it right. Where here if we were to try that, there'd be some old 80 year old lady or some stay-at-home mom that's 40 and has 13 kids saying, "NO! It's immoral and we can't do that, clones have feelings too!"

Well excuse me! We are the best nation on this planet, and yet we refuse to do what is necessary to advance ourselves?

What a waste of time, resources, and smart people.

7. rapidah

rapidah Level III

as population increases, demands for food will increase too and we will need to get food any way we can get it

8. Aetom

Aetom Newbie

Yes, and as the population increases, so will the need for more space.

Therefore, we will probably also colinate other planets, as we will have run out of space on Earth.

9. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

Therefore if we colinate other planets without oxygen we'll need an unlimited supply of oxygen so there's another place where cloning will be needed.

10. Aetom

Aetom Newbie

Exactly, or we could just create other planets, maybe not by cloning, but by some REALLY smart people....

11. vinceraf

vinceraf Level III

I don't know much about cloning... so I have to read something before I can judge :?
    However I think it's a good thing for something, and a bad thing for something else! Like all the other experimental stuff.

12. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

I think cloning would be good for medical reasons, but chicken without bones...is that really necessary?

13. sammi

sammi Level II

Cloning would be good, but , just normal, the clones have feelings to !

14. direscape

direscape Level III

I am for cloning in certain cases...
    If it is going to harm the animal in any way, I would rather not see it done. Unless there is an actual reason to make chickens with no bones, that is useless. Cloning a sheep is fine, because the sheep was any old normal sheep. If it is better for the human society, fine. I would rather have to see some mice cloned than have the population die. If it is to test makeup products, no (They do do that!). That is absolutely pointless.
    So, there you go. My opinion.

15. Xiaoset

Xiaoset Level III

I'm for cloning, as long as it doesn't get too out of hand, where it's so simple to do it, and people frame you ARRGGH :evil: I've watched too much of The Sixth Day.

16. Summertime_Blues

Summertime_Blues Level III

I'm against it. Haven't you seen the movies? The clones are going to become evil and kill us in our sleep, chop us up into little pieces and bury us in our own back yard. Then resume life posing as us!! They're evil I tell you, pure evil!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

17. direscape

direscape Level III

Those are the movies.
    Clones are just like everyone else. They don't become evil just because they are clones. It is where they are brought up.
    If you were brought up in a lab with test tubes and such, I think you would kill people in their sleep too.

18. antikitra

antikitra Level IV

I'm for it. End world hunger, use to bring back extinct species. Learn more about extinct animals by bringing them back and studying them. I heard that some scietists are on the verge of cloning an actual woolly mammoth baby.

19. direscape

direscape Level III

Oh, great. Let's bring back an animal that became extinct because it couldn't survive.
    Four words that should say everything:
    Survival of the Fittest!

Check out my 100 years thing...

20. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

Ya, I think this is how cloning works, they take the DNA from an animal and then they do something with an ovum and put the DNA in the ovum and then they place the ovum back into the animal so it can grow and get nurtured and then it is born. So in the case of a woolly mammoth they take the DNA from woolly mammoth and then they combine it with an elephant egg (since it's the closest living animal) and egg is placed back into the elephants utureus and then months later a little woolly mammoth/elephant is born. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.