Controversy GTA IV

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by nujerzey, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nujerzey

nujerzey Newbie

GTA IV is causing quite a controversy due to the city's resemblance to New York City.

"Setting Grand Theft Auto in the safest big city in America would be like setting Halo in Disneyland," said City Councilman Peter Vallone, chairman of the Council's Public Safety Committee.

Like setting Halo in Disneyland? I wish I could properly convey how hard that made me laugh over the internet.

2. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Lol yea Halo in Disneyland would be impossible.
    Anyways, I trust in Rockstar. I loved all their games so far and I'm sure this one will rock on.

3. quark778

quark778 Level II

Haha GTA is always courting controversy it seems. My bf's little brother just got his mom to buy this game and when she saw him playing it she got so mad because it's too violent. Now it just sits there, but he plays it sometimes when his mom isn't there.

4. kayla_of_nosgoth

kayla_of_nosgoth Level II

yeah especially the san andreas incident (cant remember what they called it) but i love GTA gmes, sometimes i just like to have a big area in a game to go around and cause havoc and mayhem :D

5. quark778

quark778 Level II

You mean that coffee add-on or whatever it was called? When you could go into your gf's house and have...um coffee? :p

6. glowworm

glowworm Level II

the pixelated boobs fiasco :p
    I don't see what the big deal is with these games, lots of games feature violence and sex and no one has a problem with it. Just because it takes place in a fantasy setting doesn't make it less violent than a game taking place in a real-world location.

7. Snowman

Snowman Level IV

I think itll just slide by... the GTA series has been one of my favorites especially San Andreas

8. Billy

Billy Level IV

yeah... coffee... anyways there are so many lawyers and politicians against this game that it will probably be banned sometime soon.

9. jdp1230

jdp1230 Level III

iv heard parents getting really mad about these games even though they bought the games and it says right there what kind of stuff is in the game...... stupid huh

10. quark778

quark778 Level II

Parents like most people don't always read all the details. I mean it's a lot different these days with all the sex and violence than it was back maybe 10 or 20 years ago.

11. jdp1230

jdp1230 Level III

true ... they didnt have to worry all about all this stuff parents have to deal with today

12. samurai210

samurai210 Level II

Who Cares

Its a game, anybody who is stupid enough to think its real is to damn stupide to know its a game ha ha ha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.