Defenders of Neopia Missions 8-13 & Space Faerie guides

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Will, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Will

Will Level IV

Here is a guide I wrote a while back for those attempting to beat the henchmen, and further, but struggling. It's written with pretty clear directions, and has helped thousands (I think) so far!

The pet page this was on is now frozen due to some offenses I committed (I was obviously innocent :p), so I copy and pasted the code backup I saved.

There is a small addition to Mission 9 I'd like to add for those who are having trouble. It's quite simple: if you want to beat the ghostkerchief, don't have a good battledome pet, but do have 4.5m at your disposal:
    1. Create a Mynci. DO NOT TRAIN IT.
    2. Equip it with a Prickly Potion and an Everlasting Crystal Apple
    3. Use ECA + PPot + defend for 125 rounds.
    This will deal two damage per round. He will use prismatic mirror and ghostkershield, dealing around 24 damage back onto you. This is the most effective way of beating them, but may be misconstrued as abusing a glitch - unlikely though, a friend did it thrice 24 months ago and nothing.

Another thing: a lot of people asked me what I mean by 'Species attack'. Species attacks are attacks that only a species can use, for example: Chia Giggle. They appear for use at specific levels, and disappear if you go below that level, and get stronger once you hit a certain point. If you still don't understand how to use them, feel free to PM me and I'll explain further :)

You can make variations to the moves in this guide if you have weapons of an equal or better standard. Again, feel free to PM me with any queries/further help.

So, without further ado, the guide:

Mission 8 : The Meerca Henchmen - Strategy #1

Prenote :
    Suggested stats are : 50 HP, 55 Strength.
    Items required are : Downsize!, Shooting Star Muffin (3), Honey Potion, Thick Smoke Bomb, Scroll of Freezing or another 100% freezer and a constant weapon.
    The constant weapon can be either a defence weapon, or an attack weapon, depending on what you want to use - the guide will work fine with either.
    Suggestions: Winged Scarab, Scarab Ring, Obsidian Dagger.
    Abilities required are : Fiery Gaze.

1st Move: Constant/Winged Scarab + Downsize! + Fiery Gaze
    *they must be frozen - if they are not - withdraw and try again*
    2nd Move: Shooting Star Muffin + Scroll of Freezing + Fierce/Berserk
    3rd Move: Shooting Star Muffin x2 + Fierce/Berserk
    4th Move: Honey Potion + Thick Smoke bomb + Fierce/Berserk

Postnote :
    It is necessary to have a honey potion for this guide to work with 100% efficiency. It is possible to use another shooting star muffin instead, but there is a chance they will sink, which blocks 67% of the shooting star muffins attack - making it almost obselete.
    However, the honey potion pulls a whole 12 icons - through sink, as aposed to the muffin pulling through 5 icons.
    The constant is also not necessary to be an attack constant, you can also use a defence constant if you have lower HP, to ensure that you get a win.

Mission 8 : The Meerca Henchmen - Strategy #2

Prenote :
    Suggested stats are : 60 HP.
    Items required are : Prickly Potion (2), Thick Smoke Bomb.
    Abilities required are : Burrow, Sink.

1st Move: Prickly Potion x2 + Burrow
    *if they freeze you or sink - withdraw and try again*
    2nd Move: Prickly Potion x2 + Sink
    *if they freeze you or sink - withdraw and try again*
    3rd Move: Prickly Potion + Thick Smoke Bomb + Species

Postnote :
    This guide is targetted more towards tanks; people with decent HP and defence, but a lower strength. If you have over 55 strength, this guide isn't for you - you can still use it if you want - it will work - however, strategy #1 is more targetted towards you.

This guide does not have a 100% chance of working, but it does have a high success rate. The reason for this is because there is a 20% chance that they will sink and destroy your entire attack. Thus making this guide 80% effective, rather than 100%.

Mission 9 : The Giant Ghostkerchief

Prenote :
    Suggested stats are : 60 HP, 55 Strength.
    Items required are : Prickly Potion (2), Thick Smoke Bomb, Shooting Star Muffin (2), Scroll of Freezing or another 100% freezer.
    Abilities required are : Burrow, Drain Life.

1st Move: Prickly Potion x2 + Burrow
    *they must use jade scorchstone and ghostkerbomb - otherwise withdraw and try again*
    2nd Move: Prickly Potion x2 + Drain Life
    *they must be #(see below) HP or less - otherwise withdraw and try again*
    3rd Move: Thick Smoke Bomb + Scroll of Freezing + Species
    4th Move: Shooting Star Muffin x2 + Fierce/Berserk

# -
    55-84 strength = 84
    85-124 strength = 105
    125-199 strength = 126
    200+ strength = 189
    What is this?
    This is the minimum HP that the Ghostkerchief must be to go onto the 3rd Move. Find your strength above, and the corrosponding number to the right of it is the amount of HP the Ghostkerchief must be to move onto step 3.

Postnote :
    This guide is 100% effective if you follow it correctly.
    However, don't do stupid things, like forgetting about the small print beneath each move - if you do this it will not be a 100% effective guide. This guide only works if his first move is Jade and G-bomb - because if this happens, his generic second move is a weak one, making this guide useful.

Mission 11 : The Snowbeast - Strategy #1

Prenote :
    Suggested stats are : 115 HP.
    Items required are : Prickly Potion (2), Thick Smoke Bomb.
    Abilities required are : Burrow, Sink.
    For the time being; this guide is for my own reference only.

1st Move: Prickly Potion x2 + Sink
    2nd Move: Prickly Potion x2 + Burrow
    3rd Move: Prickly Potion + Thick Smoke Bomb + Species
    *due to lack of testing, I will put a fourth move in here just incase the first three don't work*
    4th Move: Prickly Potion + Downsize! + Defend

Postnote :
    Please note; this guide is untested, and may not work at all. However, it does have a much better chance of working, as aposed to my second strategy below.
    If you are wondering why I put sink before burrow, it is because he can pull A LOT more icons through sink than he can through burrow - so you would feel pretty bad if you finally got him to do his trophy first move and then owned you in the second through sink. I don't want that.
    Good luck with it and please neomail me if it works.

Mission 11 : The Snowbeast - Strategy #2

Prenote :
    Suggested stats are : 100 HP, 55 Strength.
    Items required are : Double Dryer, U-bend of Great Justice, Shooting Star Muffin, Thick Smoke Bomb.
    Abilities required are : Burrow.
    For the time being; this guide is for my own reference only.

1st Move: U-bend of Great Justice + Double Dryer + Burrow
    *this attack must do atleast #(see below) damage - otherwise withdraw and try again*
    2nd Move: Shooting Star Muffin + Thick Smoke Bomb + Fierce/Berserk
    *hope to god he doesn't use jade :p*

# -
    55-84 strength = 258
    85-124 strength = 247
    125-199 strength = 237
    200+ strength = 205
    What is this?
    This is the minimum damage that the UBOGJ and double dryer must do for this guide to work. Just find your strength above, and the corrosponding number to the right of it is the amount of damage the UBOGJ and double dryer must do to move onto step 2.

Postnote :
    The UBOGJ and double dryer combo against the Snowbeast can actually deal up to 299 damage without you being frozen(with his initial boost, ofcourse). However, this is extremely unlikely and can take many thousands of tries to work. And, ofcourse, after it finally happens - he can heal to full.
    Thus, I only extend this guide to those who have EXTREMELY good patience and won't end up smashing their keyboard, throwing their mouse or tossing their computer off a cliff.
    Good Luck.

slashmastah likes this.
  2. Kalum

Kalum Level I

Nice guide I have been looking for a way to beat them fooooooooooooooooreeeeeevur!

3. Will

Will Level IV

No problem :)

I'll probably be adding guides for missions 14 through 17 later on.
    But, as I was frozen recently and don't have a pet to test with, I can't really make a guide.

If you're looking for a decent guide for 14-17, that you will need right now, or for earlier challengers than I have on here, richardnub (www.neopets.com/~richardnub) has a good guide. Although his strategies for some of the other challengers I have here are a tad flawed .. so probably best to stick with my guide before his.

4. Will

Will Level IV

From memory they're only about 400-450k a piece. You could make that easily in a day of ABing :p

5. slashmastah

slashmastah Newbie

Thanks for this guide! I'm at the snowbeast now, I'll tell you if the guide works