1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degrassi

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Aemira, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Aemira

Aemira Level III

Does any one here watch Degrassi: he next generation?

I got into it in highschool and have been keeping up with it when I have time. The next season looks like it'll be kind of entertaining but I miss some of the older characters.

Gotta say though, liking Degrassi is right next to playing Neopets on my list of things I don't admit to most people. For some reason I guess it's kind of embarrassing for me in my 20's to still like a high school show.

2. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

The original Degrassi was intensely better than the Degrassi: the next generation

LOL that might speak for how old I am as a child of the 80's

The new version is OK, I mean for a Canadian show it is pretty high up there in terms of quality - there are too many characters tho lol sometimes I watch it and I have no idea who the people are because they are always changing!

3. Aemira

Aemira Level III

Ive only seen one or two of the original degrassi episodes but I gotta say I found them kind of funny because they were so seriously trying to deal with real problems that happen in high school and they were being all educational and stuff lol... not as entertaining as the new one with all this crazy stuff that probably doesn't happen for real.

But yeah I agree there are too many characters on the new one. Because they replaced some of them but a lot of the old ones keep showing up again.. it's weird.

4. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

What channel does it air on usually? I'm from the US and a lot of people watch it here but I never knew what station aired it. Is it on standard cable.. or no?

5. Aemira

Aemira Level III

It airs on TeenNick.. not sure what channel number it is but I think it is on standard cable.. then again I'm not sure about that either b/c my parents have satellite.

6. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

My sister watches it. I hate it. It drives me crazy. Its just one big drama-fest soap opera. lol

7. Hally

Hally Level IV

I'm from Toronto, the same city it's filmed in, and all of the actors are from. I've met several of them. Aubrey "Drake" Graham (Yes. That Drake), who played Jimmy Brooks for the first bunch of seasons, has the same orthodontist as me.

I went through and looked up some of the people who are starring in this season on Facebook, I've got mutual friends with most of them.

It's kinda fun to have a personal connection to the show, I can admit I've seen every episode ever. When I heard what season 10 was going to be, I was super excited. 48 episodes long. Starting next monday. 4 days a week. 6 weeks straight. I'm damn excited :)

I'm a boy, fyi :)

8. Aemira

Aemira Level III

Wow that's cool!!

Yeah Season 10 should be great. I'm glad they finally have a bunch of new episodes because before it always seemed to go so slowly. Though I think they might repeat the whole Rick plot again or something? From the previews ive been seeing at least where they say the school is on lock down or whatever... hm.

Edit: Just saw a commercial for it on TV with some sneak peaks at scenes. Looks pretty good! I like the new characters from the looks of it. But I'm not too into the whole Riley relationship problems thing.. I guess since I don't relate to it and I'm not a big fan of his character.