Drive, Bus, or walk?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zer0, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Do you drive, bus, or walk? (if you ride a parent's car, that counts as driving)
    And why?
    And would you change in the future?

2. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

I drive, walk, and run :p
    I usually walk to class and drive to my friends houses and to grocery stores etc
    I highly doubt it will change.

3. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I walk and bus, and it's healthier that way. But my boyfriend is getting a car in a mere few weeks so yeah. Thank the lord we don't get fat :p
    I walk and bus because I have to, and honestly sometimes when I walk I can look around my surrounding usually when the sun is setting and it's pretty. Walking takes awhile, but if you keep taking steps, and keep looking forward, you get to where you are in no time.
    This might change in the future for me though because I will eventually get a car and as I mentioned I will have to bus a lot less when my boyfriend gets his car. Probably because as we go, we travel greater distance and busing all the time makes me lose valuable time I can spend pressing snooze a few more times.

4. creatinetaker

creatinetaker Level II

i walk and take the bus. i do not usually run or bike partly because i do not want to endure feeling sweat drops on my face in classrooms.

5. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

Drive because
    1. I live 5 miles from anything interesting
    2. My town has no public bus service
    3. If I take the bus to school, it gets me there 25-30 minutes before school starts, meaning I have to wake up 25-30 minutes earlier every morning.
    4. Driving on the narrow, curvy roads in my town is really fun.

6. Blulightning

Blulightning Level I

i walk because I am forced to. And because I live next to everything. And it's fun too :p

7. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

I walk everywhere I live in the centre of the city and don't travel outside it hardly at all, I live in a little bubble ^^ When I move to London I'll have to tube/bus a lot but I love the tube so I'll be happy and I'll only have to catch a bus if I miss the last tube in which case I should be hysterically drunk and I won't care I'm on a bus. After London I'll probably end up in Tokyo so I don't see myself driving for a very very long time. Not only is it impractical for me to have a car it costs to freaking much and I'd probably end up killing a lot of people as I'm not very good at controlling things on wheels.

8. jaylon_90

jaylon_90 Level II

Well since it is my first year being away from home, campus-life is a lot different. If I want to drive around to shop or just browse around downtown, then of course, I would drive. The public transportation is really convenient here so it is a reliable option for me. As for walking, I usually just walk to classes since they are so near by for me. So I basically do all three.

9. H3nry

H3nry Level III

I'm on campus aswell so yeah, lecture centre is...like 3 minutes from my room, I can walk that xD.
    When going to town I can walk, bus or drive. Walking is cheapest obviously, to drive costs more and I don't like maintaining it xD.

In future I imagine I will drive everywhere...as long as I avoid conjestion charges that is :p.

10. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

Cars ftw. I hate walking, not because I'm lazy, but because my feet usually hurt lol. Driving in this city is such a hassle, so I usually take a cab unless I absolutely have to drive myself. Ugh, I want someone to invent teleportation. :)

11. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

CYCLEEEEEEE and im obsessed :)

Cycle everywhere :D

College is about 2mile away so its an easy cycle that helps me keep fit
    and my work is 4mile away so its a lovely cycle by the canals. :)

I cycle to the shops that are like 100metres away
    Ive not walked in about 2years :p

12. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

lol. i also cycle SOC... my school which is 3 km away.... my jo is 6km away. its worth the time because it keeps me from getting a beer belly. Also i want to take it easy on the environment. lol

13. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

I walk because I like to see the world getting slowly swallowed by pollution.
    I can't drive (not yet) so I don't drive.
    As for the bus, my grandma eating McDonald's runs faster than that. Really! :p

14. incendia

incendia Level I

I ride the bus because I don't have a license and when it's not Winter in NY I usually wander around on foot.

I actually do a lot of that in the flat area of downtown as well. And is nice to enjoy the gorges and parks and I certainly can't drive through those. :)

15. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

Car, there are no buses around here and I'm not walking 1.1m to and from school everyday, especially in this cake-y weather. (Midwest)

16. Ithirae

Ithirae Level I

Drive. I'm not walking to my classes. x_x

17. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Even though I live off campus this year, I still walk to class (between 20 and 25 minutes) but I drive most other places, like to eat and to friends' apartments and such

18. ershadtjy

ershadtjy Level I

Drive, bus, walk, MRT lol :D
    I usually get driven to school but i take the bus back and i take the train to most other places lol.

19. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

I used to ride with my sister, but now I take the bus she is ALWAYS late to school.

I hate when people I don't know sit with me on the bus, its annoying.

20. aonetwothree

aonetwothree Newbie

horse ride bby