1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dude...This is a huge problem.

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by gresilla, Nov 19, 2010.

1. gresilla

gresilla Newbie

I bought an active shell without knowing it was active. Then I freaked out and changed the email address. I did NOT use a proxy, so that's...not good. I can't change the email address back so yeah.

1) Is there a lot of chance of me being chain-iced?
    2) Self-ice the account or let it sit?

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Okay maybe it is just me but I'm struggling to see the bad point?

So you logged in to an active account on ONE occasion without a proxy. It won't really matter.

P.S - you don't get chain iced immediately. You needa be caught on that IP more than once to get chain iced. Unless they can see you've got a crapton of accounts on that one IP all suspicious.

3. gresilla

gresilla Newbie

Well, the problem is that I changed the email-address and I'm concerned the user will find out, report it to TNT, and I am scared that TNT will trace my IP and freeze all of my accounts, basically.

But I'm glad you don't think it's a big deal. I'm totally new to logging into other people's accounts (especially active ones - first time today). So you don't recommend self-icing that account?

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Wait, are you saying that you were sold a hacked account?

5. Virre

Virre Level IV

Change back the email adress?

6. gresilla

gresilla Newbie

Can't change back the address because you'd have to confirm the change through your actual email. I remember the address it used to be but that won't get me anywhere of course Dx If I just submit a change the user will see the request and deem it suspicious. If she doesn't see the request the email address won't change at all, cause you have to confirm it.

I think I was sold a hacked account, yes. I didn't look before I logged in, unfortunately Dx

Someone told me it was best to self-ice... Opinions?

7. Richy

Richy Level IV

Selfing would be mean
    if I were you, I'd change the email back (if you could), then *possibly* email the owner apologizing from a disposable email site - then just never log in again, and hope it blows over

if it's self'd, it will probably be unfrozen and inspected
    also, if the seller was from these forums, please report them, as selling hacked accounts isn't allowed here

gresilla likes this.
  8. gresilla

gresilla Newbie

if it's self'd, it will probably be unfrozen and inspected
    also, if the seller was from these forums, please report them, as selling hacked accounts isn't allowed here

^^^^

Okay, they told me TNT doesn't look into self-icings. No, it wasn't anyone from these forums. I think selling hacked accounts isn't allowed over there either so I will report that person.

The account is basically a shell, and I never really considered self-icing it, but I cannot change back the email address as it would require confirmation from the actual email address itself :( If I just leave things be and never log in again are there still big chances of me getting chain-frozen? That's what I'm really worried about.

9. crazy579

crazy579 Newbie

TNT will just write it off as an anomaly

10. gresilla

gresilla Newbie

I really hope so!

New development: Sooo... the active account I was talking about was part of a list of "unactive" shells that I got. It was the second one. Turns out the first account on the list, which I logged into before the one I'm freaking out over was ACTIVE AS WELL. It had a lab and some BN Basic Pets and I pounded one pet, adopted a WN Basic Meerca, zapped and got some dailies - all without a proxy. I cannot for the life of me recall if I offered some of the items/nps I got on a trade of another account of mine but it's possible that I did...

That first account is now frozen o_O;;;;

Freaking out here. It's weekend too Dx

11. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

Sorry for all the trouble you're having but... I must know:

- Who sold you those accounts ?
    - On this forum ?

Thanks !

12. Freja

Freja Level IV

Loo tharoux, someone didnt read the whole thread :D

13. Fabian

Fabian Level I

Tharoux just skipped everyone's msg. :p
    It's not someone from this forum, not to worry. =)

Well, as for it, it has happened to me before. My story is, I got a hacked account from someone, I logged in and changed the email. Next day, the user changed it back. That's really fast. And in the end, I got chain iced.

After hearing my story, I guess you should mail the owner of that account and apologize to him/her.

14. Aemira

Aemira Level III

If it were me, I wouldn't do that. Maybe they're like a 10 year old kid and don't know what's going on. I wouldn't call any more attention to it than there already has been. =x Cuz honestly if I got a neomail from some one saying "sorry I was in your account on accident." I would be pissed and do whatever I could to get them frozen.

15. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

I did read all the thread.
    Guess I wasn't paying attention enough XD

16. flup

flup Newbie

I don't understand... You did what?