Dummies Guide to Adblocking Neopets Images

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Ak*, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

Okay welcome to my new guide.

Dummies Guide to Adblocking Neopets Images

In this guide you will learn how to Block those pesky ads on Neopet's for good. Do not worry about getting frozen because this is highly undetectable. Below I will tell you why you should do it.

Pros
    - speeds up buy times for autobuyers by making the page load faster
    - also you can block specific non profitable items to speed the page loading even more (page loads faster you have more of a chance to obtain the item)
    - Great for legit rs'ing and gives you a competitive edge ( lots of people already do this however)
    - No MORE PESKY ADDS >:)

THERE ARE NO CONS OR BAD THINGS LOL.

Requirements
    - Mozilla Firefox any version will do. (heres a link to a download:(http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html)
    - Ad Block Plus or any version of ad block. (heres a link to a download:(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865)

Once you have downloaded those 2 things you are ready to start Adblocking those f*ckers

1) Click the Adblock plus stop sign on the top right corner of your Firefox browser.

[​IMG]

2) You will see a drop down menu click the second option on this drop down menu it is labelled preferences.
    you will then see this below.

[​IMG]

3) Once you have clicked add a filter it will look like this
    [​IMG]
    Here is a list of Urls and advertisements found regularly on Neopet's (copy and paste into add filter, one at a time.)
    [x] pagead2.googlesyndication.com
    [x] servedbyadvertising.com
    [x] ads.partnersource.com
    [x] ad.doubleclick.net
    [x] tribalfusion.com
    [x] doubleclick.net
    [x] valueclick.com
    [x] burstnet.com
    [x] adlog.com
    Neo does have some ads on their own servers. The URLs are:
    [x] images.neopets.com/sponsors
    [x] images.neopets.com/buttons
    [x] images.neopets.com/728ads

Adblocking images in Neopian Shops.
    After you are done that make sure Adblock is enabled and you will have no more pop ups or advertisements on Neopet's.
    (you may need to update what ads need to be blocked because of new or different company advertisements)

Okay now you are familiar with adblock and learned how to use it we will move onto blocking non profitable items in shops.
    This is great for abing times and also speeds up legit rsing by making the profitable items stick out like a sore thumb.
    look at this image and follow the easy instructions.​

Now that is done... repeat the steps over and over again. or you can make a list of all the urls of the items and input them in all at the same time... But thats for another time. I say thanks you for reading this guide and I hope it helps. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask me I will definitely help you. This guide will always be in my signature so you can use it whenever you want to.

Attached Files:

2. statter

statter Level II

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but is adblocking actually allowed on neopets? :)

3. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

Well it isnt defined in the terms of service. So its fine .. and no questions are stupid.

4. statter

statter Level II

Ahh I see, thank you for your kind reply =)

5. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

your wels=come and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. :)

6. meowmeow1

meowmeow1 Level I

Are you sure this isn't detectable? I've read on the boards on Neopets that people have been frozen for doing this :/...how would it be detecable anyways...if they actually did freeze you for it

7. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

they cant detect it because its embedded in your browser... plus .. its just blocking ads..

also i think you are talking about greasemonkey scripts. they are secure but neopets have cracked down on people using them..

However adblock is not a greasemonkey script so there are no worries.

8. meowmeow1

meowmeow1 Level I

Alright thanks. I'll have to try it then...hopefully nothing will happen. What are greasemonkey scripts used for?

9. Zack

Zack Level II

Greasemonkey is an add on for firefox that runs automated scripts for any number of things
    Check out this topic for some more info & a list of some good neopets GM scripts:
    http://www.neofriends.net/neopets-cheats-f80/useful-neopets-greasemonkey-scripts-t18253.html

*edit*

Oh and nice guide AK lol :tehe:
    I'll be sure to try this out

10. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

thanks... ill add more to it later i think its only 95% done lol...