1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding Working Proxies! [A Concise Guide]

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Richy, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Richy

Richy Level IV

Hey!
    Do you know what a Concise Guide is?
    According to Princeton, concise means "expressing much in few words."
    This means that a concise guide, basically, is a short one
    (for those of you wondering, Princeton defines guide as "something that offers basic information or instruction")

You will need a few tools:
    1) A web search engine, such as Google
    2) An email address, yopmail usually works fine
    3) The most important part, Elite Proxy Switcher
    Elite Proxy Switcher is free to download, and will be the power house of this whole operation, so get it!

Now you are ready to get down to the nitty gritty process
    Step One: Finding a Raw List
    For this part of the process, you will need the web search engine and an email!
    1) Search Google for Proxy Forum, or something similar to that.
    2) Click a link! Choose one carefully, you'll hopefully use this often. I will be writing this guide for the first link, DCS. I would recommend, however, using a different site *
    3) Signing up should be easy!
    A - Find the register button, located in the upper left for DCS. Accept any rules they put in front of you, read them if you wish.
    B - Enter a username and password for signup, though you won't need to remember these for long!
    C - Enter your email address (a long letter/number string @yopmail.net). If the forum does not accept yopmail, you can enter any of the following instead, and still check as the same address at Yopmail:
    @cool.fr.nf
    @jetable.fr.nf
    @nospam.ze.tc
    @nomail.xl.cx
    @mega.zik.dj
    @speed.1s.fr
    @courriel.fr.nf
    @moncourrier.fr.nf
    @monemail.fr.nf
    @monmail.fr.nf
    Limited Time
    @spamsphere.com
    @youpymail.com
    D - Confirm your email if they ask you to
    4) Log in. Enter your username and password, and check Remember Me! Doing this means you don't have to remember your log in information!
    5) Meander to the free section
    6) Click a thread, click a link (if you don't see a list)
    7) Highlight ALL the things that look like this: ####.#.###.##.#:####, put in your clipboard

Step Two: Testing
    This part of the process is really easy!
    1) Fire up Elite Proxy Switcher
    2) Paste the list into the main area, as easy as Ctrl+V
    3) In the top bar, click Test > All
    4) Wait between a few seconds to a few minutes to let all the proxies be tested
    Side Note: Using the default settings for EPS is great, but my settings are as follows (I actually dunno if they are any different than the default!): Proxyjudge - http://www.belgarion.com/images/azenv.php, Max Thread - 25 (it will test this many at once), Timeout - 10 seconds, testing Delay and Anonymity

Step Three: Understanding and Applying
    You know have a tested list of proxies! You can sort by Anonymity by clicking 'Anonymity'. From there, I like to go to the first non-working proxy (after Level 1, 2, and 3's), click it, hold shift and hit my 'end' button that is right near 'page down'. Then I press 'delete', and all the non-working ones are gone. This means you have a list of working proxies! This is excellent! From here, it's a good practice to sort either by Anonymity or Delay. (Anonymity to be added later). When you sort by delay, you get the fastest proxies, at the time of testing, of all of the ones you had. You can decide to use the top one to do a quick transfer of NP from your main to your side, and you can be confident it will indeed be quick, instead of a grueling hour long experience. There are two ways to implement your proxies. First, you can right click the proxy from the list in EPS, and select 'Set As Active Proxy'. This will make Firefox, Google Chrom, and Internet Explorer use that proxy, so be careful if you are using a second browser from your home IP (Needs confirmation for other browsers). You can right click to deselect the proxy from your icon tray when you are switching between browsers. The second way to implement your proxy is to navigate to Internet Options, and manually set up your IP and Port (showing in EPS as IP:port). Now, to make your list go a long way - save it! EPS automatically saves the list of proxies when you close it. That means that when you open it back up, you can use the same list as before! Just Test All and remove the broken proxies again. This means that getting a couple of lists one day will end up lasting you much longer than if you had manually checked them. Remember to remove the proxy after you use it to cheat, and that way you know you wont accidentally use it again!

Level 1 proxies are the best. I say this because of how they appear to a website. When you are using a Level 1 proxy, you broadcast a new IP, which signals a new country, ISP, etc - it looks like you're connecting from an entirely different place. Level 3 proxies are the worst. They broadcast a new IP, but they also alert the website you are connecting to that a proxy is being used. If you are using these for Neo, Neo will be able to tell you are using a proxy, but they won't be able to tell what your home IP is.
    NOTE: Please don't be absent mindedly using Level 3 proxies just yet! While I am fairly confident that these still mask your IP, I am not sure the exacts of these proxies, so I don't want you getting IP banned for using a Level 3 proxy!

* I would suggest not using DCS, for it is the first hit. This being said, it is likely many people already use it to cheat, and you don't want to share a proxy with someone else that cheats on Neopets - this would look as bad as ABing on two accounts on you home IP at once! No matter what steps you take, short of paying for a proxy list, you run the risk of sharing a proxy. You just need to hope this doesn't happen to you.

Junior, Fayne, Stop and 2 others like this.
  2. Heather

Heather Level IV

:O Richy! THANK YOU! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Ever since our first convo about proxies I figured there was an easier way than whatever I was doing XD

<3 This guide. Thanks!

3. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

I love this post. Thank you richy, finally I figure it out XD Thanks! +rep

4. Fayne

Fayne Level I

Thanks so much! =)
    This helped a lot. ^_^
    (Maybe just put in that level 1 proxies are the best etc)
    Since I had to look for that.

+rep

5. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Nice Richy... :)

I've been using this system for a while ;) Still can't find a decent speed proxy to use... They're all 10 second delays :(

+rep!

6. Richy

Richy Level IV

Thanks for the comments, edited, and do you mind me asking what forum you're using, Junior?