FREE refresher!

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by evilmiget, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

Here is a guide to get a completely free page refresher. First you need firefox, if you dont have firefox go here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    After you have it or open it, next to or under the url right click. It should give a small list of toolbars, click on Customize.
    search until you see the refresh symbol. Drag it next to the url bar or wherever. The refresh button should have a small black arrow. Click the arrow, it will give a list of a spesific time to reload. Pick how often you want your page to reload and you can even put your own custom reload time. You can leave a tab realoading while you are on another tab =)
    And there you go, a free way to get a auto refresher, good luck getting PBs and Avatars and Random events =)

2. Andrew

Andrew Level II

Easy to get caught, no one could possibly sit there and refresh the same exact interval over and over again, unless there is a different refresher that is on Firefox. If there is a way to alter the settings, explain more please? :)

3. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

You mean so that the refresher reloads a page at different seconds each time?

4. Andrew

Andrew Level II

Yeah, otherwise it's a lot easier to get caught and iced.

5. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

Well its not an option per se, but for example you can have 2 tabs with the same page, for example have 2 tabs and both are at terror mountain, and just put a different reload time for each tab. Sneaky no? =P

6. Andrew

Andrew Level II

Indeed, but do you know if it works well? :x

7. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

yea i tried it, just make sure the refresh intervals between tabs are far from each other. For example, Tab 1 reloads every 3 sec while tab 2 reloads every 7 sec. That way theres 4 sec between refreshes =P

8. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

well you can refresh at Happy valley or w.e to get some x-mas paintbrushes and/or random events lol

9. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

Did you do what i said? Right-click somewhere under the URL bar and click customzie, then drag it?

10. evilmiget

evilmiget Level II

hmm

idk then lol drag the refresh button out and then drag a new one in?

11. ry_thebasketballguy

wow.
    that is cool.
    i have never thought of a auto refresher before.

2nd post
    wait could you please help!
    when i go to customize, i cant find the refresh symbol. Where do i go or how do i get it?

12. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

For me there wasn't a refresh symbol in customize, but to teh right of the refresh icon on the toolbar there's a small black arrow. Click that.

13. ry_thebasketballguy

the black arrow isn't there either

14. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

Maybe take a screenshot of what you have available (or a few showing the customize toolbar), load them on an online image site, then post here? That might provide the best/most accurate feedback.

15. ilovevicky

ilovevicky Level II

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Auto-IE-Refresher-Download-75011.html
    Thats the one for IE the trick to doing this and not getting caught is to like someone said refresh more than one page the way i always did it was...

AC (av chat) every 39 seconds then AC (again) every 40 seconds AE (all events page) every 6 mins and 5 mins (great page for randoms) and also a few other pages i forgot about but i never got caught and i left it running overnight for a long time everynight.

16. yoyoyokao

yoyoyokao Newbie

Auto refreshers don't work that well since its easy to track and random events don't pop up often even with it doing the work for you. I had 14000 page refreshes and only 1 useless event!

17. ilovevicky

ilovevicky Level II

Never had a problem, In about 2 hours of page refreshes using the above method but more pages i had a codestone petpet lab map and F queen quest :)

18. tedhead2

tedhead2 Newbie

Simple, Dwonload 1Macros for firefox, click "record" and reresh. then stop recoding, save it, and then play it for as many time as you want, but you need to make a macro per page you want to refresh.

19. Jubixion

Jubixion Level II

Well you guys might as well use Greasemonkey scripts to refresh your pages. You could refer to this guide:http://www.neofriends.net/neopets-guides-f22/customise-and-improvise-your-greasemonkey-scripts-t26529.html, to help you with scripting.

20. zackissoookool2

ok thanks for the refresher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.