Gamble-y Games

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by michaelli09201994, Feb 23, 2009.

1. michaelli09201994

I don't know why, but I can't play any of the gamble-y games on Neo (Dice-a-Roo, Bilge Dice, Grarrl Keno, Round Table Poker to name a few). Whenever I try, I just get a "Sorry, this game is unavailable..." error. Does anyone know why this is?

EDIT: I've figured it out! It was an issue with the country I'm in (China) so all I needed to do was use a proxy and voila!

2. Royal

Royal Level IV

It's because your account age is under 13 years. If you are not 13 years old and you put in your real birthdate, then you will not be able to 'gamble'.

3. michaelli09201994

But my account age is over 13 years! Even if I did put my real age in it would still be over 13... @_@

4. Royal

Royal Level IV

Maybe they changed the age to 18, who knows. xD

5. michaelli09201994

XD watevah, thnx anyways :p

6. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

Michaelli, you're not from Australia are you? I vaguely remember that Neopets made it so that the gambling games were not available to Australians. If you're not from Australia, are you using a proxy? If so, it could be an australian one and hence you won't be able to access the gambling games.

7. michaelli09201994

No, I happen to be American :p So it's probably not that... Unless they made it unavailable to Americans... which I kinda doubt.... haha

8. sweetpea1317

sweetpea1317 Level I

Someone wrote into the Neo Editorial about this a while ago, no matter what age you make your account, if you post something on the boards or on lookups that indicates you *may* be under 13 then they ban you from these areas. It was to 'protect' young kids that might fake their age at signup. Could this be the problem?

9. michaelli09201994

Hmm... I'm not sure... but I really doubt it because I don't think I've used the boards before XD. I'm also kinda lazy and completely failing at coding and stuffs so petpage and lookup is all blank/default... @_@ What's wrong with this account!?!?! -.- haha, but thanks for the response anyways! :p

10. sweetpea1317

sweetpea1317 Level I

No problem, I would suggest you contact them to sort it out incase it was a mistake at their end - unless you're not too bothered about losing those games

11. michaelli09201994

I actually was trying to a few days ago XD Where would I do that? I tried reporting a bug, but then I didn't know which category to put it in... :(

12. sweetpea1317

sweetpea1317 Level I

Hit the 'contact us' link at the bottom of any page then go to bug reports. The closest catagory I can see would be 'Flash Games', then list all the games you have a problem with in the box.

13. hamesome

hamesome Level II

The age limit thingy is nonsense, I used to have this account under 13 years old and I waited a whole year just to play those games and in the end still no "luck" games for me.

14. michaelli09201994

:S Looks like I'm not the only one with problems... They really should fix this... Which reminds me, are the Black Pawkeet Slots gone or is it just another bug with my account... and xxx___, you're probably right about the Australia thing. My Australian friend isn't able to gamble either haha