[Game Guide] Sutek's Tomb: Get the avatar/trophy!

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by goncalo, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Sutek's Tomb is a puzzle, patience game in which your objective is to align horizontally or vertically at least 3 of the egyptian hieroglyphs of the same type in the game table.

You can either align just 3 hieroglyphs (of the same type) on the game screen to clear the space equivalent to the hieroglyphs you align, or you can align more hieroglyphs (up to 5) to earn more points.
    You can even clear hieroglyphs that will make other hieroglyphs fall provoking a chain reaction that will consequently also align and make you earn even more points.
    This game is just a matter of luck and patience, that can be practiced of course.

Now, depending on which mode you are playing, the points per move rate will be different:

Easy: You play in a 8x8 game grid and there are 5 types of hieroglyphs (image 1).
    Combo points:
    3 combo - 3 points
    4 combo - 9 points
    5 combo - 21 points

Image 1
    [​IMG]

Hard: You play in a 10x10 game grid and there are 7 types of hieroglyphs (the ones mentioned above plus 2 new (image 2).
    Combo points:
    3 combo - 10 points
    4 combo - 30 points
    5 combo - 70 points

Image 2
    [​IMG]

Zen: You play in a 10x10 game grid and have unlimited time! (easy and hard mode have 1 minute time)
    Any combo you make only gives you 1 point. This is a reeaally boring mode in my opinion, as if your game table happens to run out of moves, after you mix it again, your points will return to 0 :(
    Even though, it is still possible to send points in this mode.

Special Stuff: Eventually, while playing Sutek's Tomb, you will find one of these special hieroglyphs below which have different cool effects:

Bombs - Bombs can be cleared by aligning three-five of them too, although they have a much better effect. They will explode the whole column above them if they fall for more 3 or more blocks.

Coins - Coins work as neutral pieces in the game grid. You can make them match with any combo at any time.

Scarabs - Scarabs will blow up the entire column they were in when they reach the bottom of the game grid, giving you loads of points (yup huge loads ^^)!

Ankhs - These pieces will also explode when they reach the bottom of the game grid, but unlike the scarabs, they will also explode the bottom row, thus giving you even more points.

Phantom Orange Shirt Guy - This known by all dude wil explode when he reaches the bottom of the game grid, consequently exploding ALL the pieces of the game!
    This is by far the rarest piece in the game and also the best one ^^

Codes: As most of games in Neopets, Sutek's Tomb also has codes. Type the following while playing in any mode:

• plzsutekcanihavemoretime - gets you more 30 seconds game time
      pyramibread - shows you a current available move

Personal Tips:

I am definitely not an uber master player in this game, but there are some tips that I think you all should follow in order to success in the game.

This game is really hard in the beggining, specially to get used to be concentrated enough to detect possible combos and chain reactions available.

To help on the effect, I advise you to turn off the game sound, in my opinion, music makes focusing hard so that should help a little.
    You also should always keep in mind to go for chain reactions first, or the biggest combos possible.

If you have problems on doing this quickly, why not taking a screenshot and pause the game while you check for the best moves?
    Yeaish, I know it's boring but as I mentioned since the beggining of the guide, this game is all about patience, no matter how you play it. Besides, if you really only want to get the avatar, this won't take THAT long.

Also, a little trick for the 30 seconds cheat. Typing plzsutekcanihavemoretime when you only have 1 minute game play and have to play at the same time might waste you important seconds.
    So why not pausing the game as soon as it starts, typing: plzsutekcanihavemoretim and then type the last 'e' when you are running out of time?

[​IMG]
    Score +2000 in the game to get it.

Game Trophies:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hope this guide helped you getting better results at the game, aswell as the avatar and possibly any trophy!

2. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Yeah thanks good guide :p

3. NoPoint

NoPoint Level III

Very cool guide. Thank you. I have been wondering for ages what all the special 'icons' were. So cheers.

+ to Rep. :D

4. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

Very nice guide. I'll have to try this out later...+rep.

5. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Thanks ^^
    I forgot to add, you can also you a speed changer to make this even easier, but that would take the legitness away.

6. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

really good guide.. it really helps for me and to other members. :D
    +REP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.