General Idea for programs

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Freya, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Freya

Freya Level III

Well... the main problem of pretty much all the programs is that they can be easily detected if you track logouts and logins... What I'd love to is is something like a program with which you can be logged into you auto adopter and firefox at the same time...
    I know GM scripts do the trick but isn't there an alternative for vb.net programs etc?

2. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

it'd be very hard to do this... only way i see is if you have a program communicate to ff to update the cookies... And even then, the ice rate would be too high, since you'll be using neo and aaer at the same time, that's basically auto ice... When tnt sees a bunch of requests less then 1 seconds apart, your gona get iced, lol.

Plain and simple, my suggestion is 2 accounts, 1 with a proxy and one with out... If you think finding proxies is too hard, just use tor for proxy connection :)

3. Freya

Freya Level III

I guess I didn't really state what I mean.. For instance I'm following a pounding thread on the boards with another acc...
    Then I logg onto the Auto Adopter on the acc I want to adopt with and then adopt the pet... Well guess what then I have to logg out of my AAer and go login to Neopets with Firefox to answer those mails of suspicous users seeing if I'm gonna resond or if I was AAing...
    Well if TNT now tracks my login data they'll see that I first straight logged in and refreshed the Pound for a certain Pet which isn't that bad because I'm might trying to adopt with a side account.. But then I'll logg out right after I got the pet and logg in again which no normal user does... I don't want to do something in FF while my Program is doing something I just want to eleminate the asking to be frozen logg ins and outs...

4. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

really, then the makers or th programs need to allow to see mail, and respond, period, lol. Thats why gm scripts are so good...

5. Freya

Freya Level III

Yep... That is why they are. . . I mean couldN't your program in VB.net just send your cookies to your browser / get them from your browser? Like that you wouldn't have to do the login and loggut

6. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

i don' think vb.net is powerful enough to do that... Thats kind of memory hacking, i've never tried doing that, but i'm pretty sure vb.net isn't powerful enough to do that dirrectly. You could make a plugin for ff to lisen for programs cookies, and get the cookies that way, but its really advanced, complex stuff... i doubt anyone will do it... Theres a way to do almost anything, but... Its all about how hard it'll be to do...

7. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Heya, you do realize that cookies are stored in a file, right? ;)
    All you have to do is just update your cookie from the file every minute or so.

8. Freya

Freya Level III

So what can I just tell FF to get the programs cookies and by doing the eleminate the login/logout?

9. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Well first you'll need to have the program print the cookies to a file (I don't know of any program that does this at the moment...)

Then if you're on Linux, just create a symlink to that file and replace the original cookies file. No clue how you would do this on Windows though :p

10. Freya

Freya Level III

Well guess that would be something for programmers to implement... I'll maybe look and find out if FF can import cookies...

11. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

It would be easier to have the program read the browser's cookies instead the other way around...

12. Freya

Freya Level III

...would it be enough to make that code once and post it on the boards so that everyone cn implement it?

13. Freya

Freya Level III

Ok I know I'm double posting... I'm sorry I didn't want to make a new thread and otherwise nobody will notice this.
    So I found a program which does exactly what I want, if I'm not allowed to post this here please edit/remove/tell me
    http://greedoscreations.googlepages.com ... autopricer
    It basically gets the cookies from Firefox whcih is great because that way you don't have to login/out
    Any way for somebody her to code this and post it in the codes snippets section? The freeze rate of most of the program would go down if they had this I think...

14. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

The problem is that Firefox stores cookies in different places on different operating systems. You'll have to somehow have the user specify the location of the cookies which could get confusing for the user. Honestly, I would just stick with a simple GM script.

15. Freya

Freya Level III

Well... let's pretend I'm able to for instance in VB.net find out which operating systems the program is on would it be easy to just get the cookies?

16. ricky92

ricky92 Administrator
    Staff Member

The location of cookies and their storage method varies from browser to browser, and even if we'd only have to consider firefox, it changes from version to version. I think some sort of COM module could be made, for easier access from any programming language (only on windows tho, sorry zer0 :( )

17. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

and Heya... :D

Its a good idea, just a hard thing to implement...

18. tac123

tac123 Level I

Just use MSHTML.DLL in the .NET framework. This uses your IE cookies so you can be logged in on Firefox and on your program going through the IE cookies. Neither your program or firefox will ever have to log in or out.