Giftedness?

Discussion in 'World of SPAM' started by btboy5, Mar 6, 2007.

1. btboy5

btboy5 Level II

Anyone know of this Gifted Programme or something in their schools?

In my country we have this optional streaming test from 9 years old that tells you whether you're gifted or not. I'm one of them and it sort of sucks. The people in the Express stream (or just the others) stereotype against us and we're expected to be the best at most things just because we're gifted. My teacher told me giftedness can be just in a single area. Well whatever mine is I certainly haven't found it yet, I'm still struggling along in school. But I've observed one thing from Gifted students, that they usually have a high IQ and low EQ, and can be hyperactive/random/weird to a large extent. I'm random, but I respect what I will, e.g. this forum. But if you can get past that eccentric exterior of some of us, the so-called GEPers, you find that we actually can be normal friends as the people in Express can be.

Does anyone here know anyone like these?

2. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Our school has giften and talented. Top 15% of a year.

However in the top 15% we have 10 people who will get 5 A-C's and the rest of the school who will fail xD

Gotta love manchester ;)

3. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

I don't have that in my school. It is unfair how the smart people are sterotyped