Giveaway Winner Award Suggestion

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Junior, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Okay guys, so I've been thinking. I've done a few giveaways now, and NONE of them have been claimed. Which is kind of disappointing. More to the point, the people who won probably will never know, however they still get the Giveaway Winner award.

I don't know if it is possible, or if you even think it is worth it, but instead of the person automatically getting the giveaway winner award, is there any way to give that power to the person who runs the giveaway, and the award can be awarded when/if the prize is claimed?

Otherwise, at the rate I'm going, I would have supplied the award to everyone on neofriends :p

If this is a bad idea, feel free to shoot me down and shout abuse... I'll hide under my rock so its fine.

Just after your thoughts?

2. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Wouldn't say it's a bad idea, but what's your aim in doing this?

If the person is inactive, really inactive, they most likely don't care enough to come on. So they wouldn't care either way if they received the award or not.

I'll see if there's a way to make sure that only active people win.

3. Heather

Heather Level IV

Active people are winning actually, the last three have been active the day of the giveaway I believe? But they just aren't claiming the prizes.

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Well I'm assuming some people don't care about the items - or don't want them. But they want the title (I know I do :p)

At least it would force a user to acknowledge that they have won/force them tp be slightly active in order for them to get the title as as well..