GM ABing 101

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Shawn, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Here's the guide you'll need to read if you'd like to be a successful GM autobuyer :)

Firstly, of course, you'd need the script. I think the only such script on this site is:
    downloads.php?d=284

Ok, now how do you go about installing your GM ABer?
    Firstly, download the Firefox browser.
    After downloading the browser, download the Greasemonkey Add-on[/url for firefox.

The greasemonkey add-on is somewhat an add-on to run greasemonkey scripts (in this case, your autobuyer)

After downloading the GM add-on, restart your firefox. Upon restarting, download the GM ABer you bought from this site, and save it anywhere onto your computer. After you download the script, you should now have a file with a .user.js extension.
    Drag this file into the opened firefox window to install it.

You should get a pop-up asking you to allow the installation of the script, just wait for a couple of seconds then allow it.

I've downloaded the GM ABer, now what do I do?
    Congratulations, you are one step closer to being rich. :lol:

Now with your GM ABer, you obviously need a list. There are a couple of lists available on this site.
    First AB List Link
    Second AB List Link
    Third AB List Link

Of course there are more lists here, just go around and search for them.

After getting your list that you want, copy it into the GM ABer Settings, here, I will use the screenshot provided by Heya from her GM ABer script. Most GM ABers have almost the same functions.

[​IMG]
    Under Shop 1-3, insert the ID of the shop/s you want to AB in. Note, the more shops you AB in, the more likely it is to get RS banned. I suggest ABing in 2 shops plus igloo.
    For the big boxes with the scrollbar you see in the image, insert your AB list that you should have by now.

Fill in the values of the wait boxes according to your preferences.
    NOTE: 1000MS is 1S
    NOTE: Faster RF times means faster RS Ban.

After filling in all the values, hit "Save Settings" and then go to the shops you designated to AB in.

I've done all that, how do I maximize my profits?
    Now that you've started GM ABing, how can you maximize your profits?

To maximize your profits, it means buying more items.
    To buy more items, you got to speed up your attempts at buying or increase the chances of you buying.
    How do you do this?

Firstly, download the Adblock add-on for firefox.
    Next, proceed to Adblock advertisements and unprofitable items.
    There are Adblock lists available on this site too.
    First AB list link
    Second Adblock list
    And of course, there are more availbale on this site, searching should get some results.

By blocking the images, you are effectively speeding up page load times by disabling the unprofitable item images to load.

Another way to quicken load times (not sure if it works, but I do it) is to hit ctrl+the minus key on your keyboard, or resize the page to the smallest possible.
    This might quicken load times, and speed up buy times.

Now I've blocked images, but I want MORE!
    Oh you want more eh?
    I still have more for you!

Ok, now that you've sped up page loads and buy times, why not increase the chances of you getting a buy or, increase the number of shops you AB in without increasing the chances of getting RS Banned?
    To do this, you'll have to create firefox profiles.

Type "firefox -no-remote -p" without the quotes in your run console.
    A popup should appear with the option to "Create Profile..."

Click that, then next, choose your profile name, click finish.
    The new profile needs you to reinstall all the Add-ons, and what not you installed for ABing.

The addition of more profiles allows you to cover more shops or more refreshes.

That's all folks, I'll add more here if needed
    :eek:mgitsagiantgrapefruitthingy: :eek:mgitsagiantgrapefruitthingy: :eek:mgitsagiantgrapefruitthingy:

Richy, Commy and tiati400 like this.
  2. tiati400

tiati400 Level II

Nice, I'm buying that as soon as I get to 100 points. :'D
    + rep.

3. thedup

thedup Level IV

seems like a good guide, thanks

4. Cody

Cody Level II

I bought this and when it sees the items it doesnt buy them for some reason.

5. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

PM Heya, or make sure the item is spelt correctly?

6. Cody

Cody Level II

I figured it out! :)...

7. Heather

Heather Level IV

I know this is gravedigging but it's the perfect topic to post my problem on (if you must delete it I understand :()

I just downloaded the Blaze ABer and went through the install process but I cant figure out how to actually run it. I've installed it and after it says that it's been installed sucessfully... nothing happens. o_O All I see is the big page of coding. Any help?

8. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    I just bought the download... and mine does the same.

I've heard rumors that it only works on firefox 3.5 and not 3.5x.. However Fairly sure Shawn confirmed it worked on 3.5x yesterday in a chat we had... So I don't know...

Hoping its something I'm just doing wrong, and you must be too... Otherwise I just wasted 100 Cash :p

EDIT: On further inspection > it appears that the script wont install.

It pops up with the install thing.. I click it.. down the bottom it SAYS installed correctly.

Then I go to the shop I want. Right click the monkey and it still says no scripts installed... So is this an installing problem? If I click manage user scripts it had Blaze autobuyer v1.1 on that list... So I don't know WHAT is going on..

Same thing happens with the neoquest II one that I tried (from your siggy :) - Says it installs, but nothing after that.

9. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

You could try manually adding the script.
    Open Notepad, drag the user.js script of heya's into the notepad window.

In Firefox,
    Tools>Greasemokey>New User Script

For name & namespace, fill in like, GM ABer or a name for it.
    For Includes, put the asterisk sign *

Hit ok, then copy and paste the code of Heya's GM ABer in.

10. Heather

Heather Level IV

I tried doing that and it still doesn't work. It installs it fine but at the same time it won't run anything, and I can't get anything to pop up/open that looks like the screenie o_O

11. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay I did that... And I now have a script installed when I right click the monkey... However, there are userscript commands, and I assume that's what I need to access the settings to make it work?

Wow GM's are confusing...

If it will help, I can provide screen shots of the install process... and then what happens from there?

And I would be willing to post this stuff elsewhere to prevent this topic getting tons of posts :p

12. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Ok Junior post screenshots :)

13. Heather

Heather Level IV

There really isn't any kind of screenshot that I could help with. Basically, after I install the script all it shows me is a big page of coding/the script itself. It won't do anything and I don't think it fully installs it even though it says that it does. Do I need anything else installed besides Greasemonkey?

14. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

This shows me opening in firefox, the pop-up it gives me and the sucessful install it tells me its done..
    If i open it in firefox, without another firefox window already open it just pops up with a screen of coding, with the little bar above it saying this is a script, click here to install. I can print screen that too if you want, but the same thing happens after clicking it.. Nothing :p

This shows me in a shop, I've right clicked on the monkey but its saying no scripts? What the? It just installed :p

I went to manage users scripts, and this is what it shows.. There IS one installed? Weird... :p Still, nothing works. And still shows spoiler 2...

Like i said, I tried running the NQ2 script you had linked i your siggy, but the same problem. Nothing happened.

Running firefox 3.5.8 on Windows Vista.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      312 KB
      Views:
    • nshop.jpg
      nshop.jpg
      File size:
      249.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      173.9 KB
      Views:
  15. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

No idea whats happening, maybe try opening firefox then dragging the script into the firefox window

Junior likes this.
  16. Heather

Heather Level IV

I've tried installing it both ways, AND manually and I get the same result every time. Junior's screenshots are what mine look like too.

17. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Dragging the script doesn't work either unfortunately... Same thing.

18. Heather

Heather Level IV

I just tested out a different GM script and it worked just fine. So for some reason Heya's ABer just doesn't want to run. It shows up as installed when I visit Neopets.com, but I'm confused on how I'm supposed to get the ABer to pop up on my screen so I can actually run it o_O. It's not the installation I'm having problems with.. it's after that step.

19. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I can second that... I just tried another GM Script And that automatically activates when I visit the correct page.

Aaaah nevermind! I've finally figured out where I was going wrong. and Loco, I can assist you with yours. See the PM I've now sent you - Or catch me online tommorrow...

YAAY!

Now to hope it actually buys stuff :)

Coldness likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.