GM Wiz Price Searcher

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Elhoof, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

A greasemonkey script that you could put a list of items into and it would come up with a price prioritized list would be really awesome where the program recognized wiz bans. I would be happy to pay for one that worked so I could more easily make good prioritized lists, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be too hard considering how complex the autobuyers look. Could someone make one? PM me if you want to sell me one

2. jazzeh

jazzeh Level I

What exactly do you plan on using the list for?
    Making AB lists?
    If so.. most people use http://items.jellyneo.net/ since their prices listed are a great indicator of the market value.

3. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Meh, Greasemonkey wouldn't really be ideal for this kind of program but it could work. I'm just saying it would be much easier to do using a standard program than through a scripting language like GM.

4. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

Trust me when I say their prices are not a good indicator of market value, Jellyneo is fantastic and I use it all the time but JN is not I repeat not reliable for pricing, you could make some very silly deals relying on JN. Not that I blame them as prices change daily and sometimes drastically and it would be a nightmare to update.

I would use to make a prioritized list, cause a good list is a way to improve your ABing experience with practically no additional risk to your account. I'm also gonna be doing some experimentation with using non standard priority to experiment to try see if I can up average profit for the people who for some reason or another have slower buy times (eg. slower internet, different type of AB etc...)

I know, I just love GM cause it gives me a sense of security :D if you do decide to make it with any other standard program I'll probably be first in line

5. jazzeh

jazzeh Level I

JN is user updated so it requires users to actually contribute.
    One site that used to be great was improveneno.com/ipricing since people would contribute prices everytime they searched an item (and had the GM script installed)

As long as you're aim is to make more than a couple hundred np profit then JN works

As Zer0 has said, this would be better as an exe.

After more thinking about the problem, I think it might be a fun exercise to try out.

6. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

erm guys...

downloads.php?d=186

tharoux made a program which is pretty similar to this

check it out and post if you think it's sufficient or if you can think of any ways to improve it