[Guide] Ice Cream Machine

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Dusk412, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Dusk412

Dusk412 Level I

Ice Cream Machine Complete Guide

[​IMG]

The Basics:

Link to Game:

http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=507

Description:

In this game you play as the chia Adee. This game actually takes place in Adee's dream. She has eaten so much ice cream that the ice cream has plotted its revenge and is now assaulting her in her dreams. She must dodge the giant ice cream scoops.

[​IMG]

Game Type:

[​IMG]
    Action

Game Location:

[​IMG]
    Terror Mountain

Game Medal:

[​IMG]
    100,000,000 Plays

Trophies:

[​IMG]
    1st - 3rd Place

[​IMG]
    4th - 8th Place

[​IMG]
    9th - 17th Place

The Scoring:

Game Scoring:

You gain 5 points for every ice cream scoop that reaches the top of the screen. You gain 10 points for ever ice cream scoop with a topping on it that reaches the top of the screen.

[​IMG]
    Chocolate Topping

[​IMG]
    Strawberry Topping

[​IMG]
    Caramel Topping

NP Ratio:

0.11 Neopoints Per Point

Game Score To Get 1,000 NP:

9,091 Points

The Avatar:

[​IMG]

Successfully submit a score of 14,500 or more in the game Ice Cream Machine

The Levels:

Level Number - Ice Cream Flavor - Number of Scoops

1 - Strawberry - 25 scoops
    2 - Vanilla - 50 scoops
    3 - Chocolate - 75 scoops
    4 - Mint - 100 scoops
    5 - Blueberry - 125 scoops
    6 - Vanilla Chocolate Chip - 150 scoops
    7 - Strawberry Vanilla Chocolate - 175 scoops
    8 - Peach - 200 scoops
    9 - Vanilla Chocolate Swirl - 225 scoops
    10 - Double Chocolate - 250 scoops
    11 - Tigersquash - 275 scoops
    12 - Rainbowberry - 300 scoops
    13 - Garlicy Bratwurst.- 325 scoops

Note: You generally must reach at least level 12 (Rainbowberry) to achieve the avatar.

The Powerups

Purple Chia:

[​IMG]
    Adee shrinks in size. This is always get to get, but not worth it if you might die.

Blue Chia:

[​IMG]
    Adee grows in size. Avoid unless your only other option is death.

Pink Heart:

[​IMG]
    You gain one life. Worth risking your life for. Get them!

Cherry Scoop:

[​IMG]
    You gain 100 points. Definitely worth getting.

Fish Scoop:

[​IMG]
    You gain 250 points. Definitely worth getting.

Shield:

[​IMG]
    You become temporarily invincible. It will be grey for about 2 seconds and then will turn red. This is your warning that it will run out soon. About another two seconds later, it disappears and you are vulnerable again.

Red Minus:

[​IMG]
    Slows the speed of the scoops down.

Green Plus:

[​IMG]
    Speeds the speed of the scoops up.

Strawberry Bomb:

[​IMG]
    Clears the screen of all scoops.

Strategies/Tips:

Code [GOOD]:

strawberryvanillachocolate

This is the code that will give you one extra life. There are no spaces. You type this at the start of any level. There is no point in not doing it at the ver first level, so you don't forget later.

Right Clicking [BAD]:

Whatever you do, do NOT right click during the game. Just take my word for it, you get a game over.

Red Minus Levels 5+ [BAD]:

This is the powerup that slows down the speed of the scoops. It is important to note that the cones still fire scoops at the same rate. This means that about after Level 5 or 6 you do NOT want to get these anymore. If you do, the scoops will go slow enough and the rate will stay the same that you will face a wall of scoops impossible to dodge. When you die, the speed does not go back up, so if this happens, you basically lose.

Red Minus Levels 4- [GOOD]:

On the other hand, this is exactly what you want to happen on the first levels. No, you don't want to die. You want the most scoops possible on the screen when the number of scoops you have gotten passes the level limit. You want this because then all the scoops on the screen finish. This means that since you have gotten more scoops on the screen, you can go farther over the limit, and get more points earlier in the game. Which is good.

Mouse Jumping:

This is a pretty simple trick that can help you if you are good at it and are in trouble. Basically, since Adee is controlled by your mouse, she goes where you mouse goes. What you can do is take Adee to a side, then move your mouse off of the game screen. Adee should stay where you left her. Then take your mouse to any other side of the game screen and put it back on. Adee will jump to that spot, not touching any ice cream scoops in the way. I do not recommend this unless you are very good at it, because it can really mess you up, especially in faster levels.

Orange Shirt Guy:

If you sit at the main screen of any level (do it on the first level) for three minutes then Adee will turn into the orange shirt staff member (Also known as Oliver or Ollie). Some players also think that becoming the orange shirt staff member is better luck.

[​IMG]

Positioning:

Every player has their own preference but here are some tips that many other players use. Some players prefer to stay at the top. This is beneficial because you have the maximum amount of time to see the scoops coming. The downside? If you get trapped, you have nowhere to go because you are trapped against the top of the screen. Other players prefer to stay right in the middle where they have maximum space to dodge, but in the later levels you do not have much time to dodge the scoops.

My personal preference is a balance. I prefer to stay about 80% toward the top (about 2 Adee
    widths from the top). This means that you have plenty of time to see them coming, but still have room to dodge upward and out of a trap if you need to.

Where To Focus:

Method 1: Focus on Adee at all times so that you can move yourself effectively and dodge scoops. The problem with this method is poor "field vision" which means you sometimes do not see traps until it is too late.

Method 2: This takes some practice. Let your eyes unfocus so that you can see the whole screen but are not focusing on anything at all. This gives you great "field vision". Unfortunately sometimes you lose track of Adee or you might miss the heart scoop because the scoops become harder to distinguish.

Many people have other methods, or use a combination of the two. These are just the two extremes.

Music:

I have been asked many times whether it is better to listen to your own music, listen to the game music, or listen to nothing. Unfortunately, all I can say is try all three and find your own
    preference. Your music allows you to relax and not get tense and mess up although sometimes you space out and will die. Game music keeps you on task, but it often makes people tense or annoys certain players. No music is soothing, but you might get distracted by sounds around you or get tense from focusing on the game.

Final Note:

Thank you for reading my guide, I hope it helps you get that trophy or avatar or even those neopoints you were after. If there are any mistakes at all (even grammar) feel free to contact me. If this guide helped you, please post or PM me and let me know!

Andrew, Freja and Anfan like this.
  2. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Nice guide, I've been trying to get the Ice Cream Machine avatar for a while now but haven't succeeded at it yet.

I'm going to go try now, and +rep.

3. mokapjoe14

mokapjoe14 Level I

Very Detailed, +rep

4. Andrew

Andrew Level II

Nice guide, I always messed up around the 9th level or so. xD +rep