[GUIDE] NC Mall guide!

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by natskaya, Jul 26, 2007.

1. natskaya

natskaya Level III

Not everybody likes it, but it's new, and I see there's no guide here yet: so here's my FAQ for the NC Mall! If anyone has any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
    What is the NC Mall?
    The NC Mall is an online store on Neopets that charges actual money for in-game items that you can use to customize your pets. You can get clothes, backgrounds, trinkets, et cetera - all available at a price. You can access the NC Mall from this link: http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/shop.phtml

I thought Neopets was free! Isn't this unfair to other players?
    Many people hold the opinion that the NC Mall creates an unfair advantage to players who don't have money. People can argue all day about whether or not it's fair, but this FAQ is only here to explain what the NC Mall is, and what it entails for the average player. Many players will choose to purchase from the NC Mall, and many will not. It's your decision.

Won't the NC Mall items unbalance the economy?
    All NeoCash items are not transferable, which means you cannot give them others as a gift. You also cannot sell them in regular shops for NP - basically, if you buy it, it has no value past what you already paid for it. It's yours and nobody else's! :) This means that the only different between people who can afford NC and those who cannot is that those who can will have some special clothing items or backgrounds. It's up to you to decide whether it's worth it.

What about the avatar?
    The 'Goggles' avatar is available even if you don't buy something from the NC Mall. All you have to do is go to the mall, and click the "Try On" buttons under any items of clothing. After a few tries, you should have the avatar- you will not get an event alerting you, and it will ONLY show up in your avatar list. The number of avatars you have displayed in your user lookup will remain unchanged, so if you really hate the NC Mall, there's no reason to visit it.

I hope this helped clear some things up for some people - post any other questions and if I can answer them I will add them to the OP.

2. demons_angel17

demons_angel17 Level I

do you actually have access to the mall?

3. natskaya

natskaya Level III

Every player in the US and Canada is free to access the NC Mall after its grand opening. However, if you are under 18, you will need your parent's permission to purchase anything.

4. Majikcal

Majikcal Level II

Why would somebody pay to play neopets. that's stupid

5. natskaya

natskaya Level III

Some people think it is, some don't. People have been paying for Neopets Premium and Mobile for a while, and some will choose to pay for special clothes for their pets as well. Like Premium, you don't have to if you don't want to.

6. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

that is not stupid..
    but for me i play neopets just for fun..
    if i have a dollar ..of course i will play.

7. ali913xx

ali913xx Level III

Hm well I need my gas money for, erm, gas.
    Not for a new snazzy bonnet for my Kau. :p

Edit: God I hate that smiley.

8. imhappytodayo0

imhappytodayo0 Level III

lol thank you, I didn't know that wasn't supposed to be an event alerting me about the avatar ._.
    I thought I didn't have it

9. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

Do they ever disappear, like after a certain amount of days or w/e?

10. natskaya

natskaya Level III

YES! This is one big drawback to the NC Mall - each item has an expiration date. You should always click on an item to get all of its information before you purchase anything, to make sure the item lasts as long as you'd like. I will add this to the OP later.

11. sydanee_llama

sydanee_llama Level I

Can you use the NC Mall in Australia?
    How do you pay for it?

12. Pocketmonster

Pocketmonster Level II

Im pretty sure you can I don't know why just buy the neo cash from them online there is ways you can do it. Just I would never give neopets money they all meanies :lol:

13. Underground_Secrets

yes its stupid to pay for the items. their not that cool anyways. things like that only work on gaiaonline or other places like it cuz there made different.