[Guide] Snot Splatter

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Drumstick, May 22, 2009.

1. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

(The reason I'm posting this is because I feel it is better and will get better scores than the other guide.)

Welcome to Syphon's Snot Splatter Guide. This is my first guide, and I hope that it is good enough for your standards here at neofriends.net. xD

Snot splater can be found here: http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=1100

Summary:
    Snot Splatter is a relatively new game, and basically all you have to do is pop snot balls. There are different ways to do this, but the most effective, and highest scoring way, is to make huge chain reactions.

Snot Tank:
    [​IMG]
    This is the number of shots you have left before you lose. Try to use all except one before you try to clear the board. Maximum is 25 shots. You receive one for each snot you pop as result of chain reation.

Snot sizes:
    1. Non-Existent (you can make a new bubble by clicking on a blank spot once, which comes in handy on levels 2 & 3).
    2. One Dot - Extremely Tiny
    3. Second Dot - A little Bigger.
    4. Third Dot -Even still Bigger (The Perfect Size for the 2 Drops which are what you use for most levels past level #3.
    5. Fourth Dot - Almost to bursting.
    6. Fifth Dot - Ready to burst when clicked on by a regular Drop/Shot. When burst, the fifth dots (full snot bubbles) send snot in all 4 directions.

Power-ups:
    Snot Splatter has 6 different power-ups.

[​IMG]
    The 3x3 grid is received from popping 5-9 snots. It clears all snots within the 3x3 grid when used. Counts as one snot.

[​IMG]
    The Vertical Column is received from popping 10-14 snots. Clears all snots in the column in which it is used. Counts as one snot.

[​IMG]
    The Horizontal Row is received from popping 15-19 snots. Clears all snots in the crow in which it is used. Counts as one snot.

[​IMG]
    The X2 blob (essential in reaching a high score worthy of the high score table) is received from popping 20-29 snots. Doubles your score during the chain reaction it is used.

[​IMG]
    The Vortex is received from popping 30-39 snots. Used to transport snots in one vortex and out the other.

[​IMG]
    And finally, the double blob is received from popping 40+ snots. Each little snot blob counts as 2 snots, rather than 1.

Strategy:
    Level 1:
    In the first level, what you want to do is to get two X2 blobs. These will help you to get an extremely high score. What you need to do is to try and pop 20-29 blobs on your first shot. If you don't, then restart and keep trying until you do. After you do this on your first shot, and receive the X2 blob, take out the rest of the snots to receive your 2nd X2 blob. (600-800 points)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Level 2+3:
    Now it gets a little complicated. What you want to do is build up a huge centre do start a big chain reaction. After you make your centre, start placing little blobs by clicking on the empty squares. They look like nothing, but when you use your X2 blob, they make a huge difference when you're getting 200+ points instead of 100. Make sure to use up all your snot and then on the last one, click the X2, and start popping. Make sure you clear the board. (7000-9000 points after level 2, 20000-22000 after level 3)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Level 4+ (EXCEPT 6!):
    Now you should have 2 double blobs. You're basically going to use these for the rest of the game. Just make sure you clear the board every time after using them (or at least pop 40 snot blobs!). You use a double blob and receive a double blob.

Level 6:
    This is a strange level, as it is divided into two halves. Just clear one at a time, DO NOT use your double blob. Don't worry if you're snot tank isn't full, it will be filled in the next level.

At this point, you don't really need much of the guide. The only difference in the remaining levels is the placement of the barriers. It takes a lot of practice to learn and to see what will affect what, and to pass the later levels, you really need to look at what the reaction will be. But I assure you, with some practice and by following this strategy, you should be able to reach a score of 50,000 fairly easily. Perhaps you can go further and go for a trophy.

Hope you guys like the guide and I hope that you can go get that trophy!

~Syphon​

+rep if you found this guide useful please! =D

Sirenic, lazypando and Dreamerz like this.
  2. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Level III

Oh yeah +rep on this one for you, Thank you thank you thank you may have not gotten me a trophy but this guide was extremely helpful!! <3 <3 <3

3. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

Oh and I guess I should mention, if there are any more in-game screenshots that you want, I'd be glad to do those for you tomorrow night. =)
    If anything needs further clarification, I'd be glad to help.

4. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

Screens for 4+ would be very helpful. Thanks for all your work =]

5. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

Yea, I'll get to those asap; I'd try to do them now, but Vista + Flash Games = Fail. Especially for me cause it's old vista lol.
    I'll try right now, and if it doesn't work out, I'll get those screenshots up tomorrow evening. Although, it's going to be hard because the snot placement is always different each time, but you can look at where the barriers are placed.

EDIT: Lol I really messed up.. I may not get to level 20. I can definitely get to 19... We'll see. I may get all the levels up here for you. But I forgot to SS 4 xD
    EDIT2: Sorry, only have screenshots from 5-19 to add. I messed up bad and couldn't get to level 20 (the last level). I'll put them up tomorrow, I'm going to sleep.