[GUIDE] {The Ultimate Guide for Legit Auction Snipers}

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by pinkydog, Oct 8, 2007.

?

Was this Guide Helpul to you?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. pinkydog

pinkydog Level III

Well to start off: There are some items that you want to search daily with the Auction Genie. You always want to search for Paint Brushes, Morphing Potions, Trans Potions, and I find those Tailsman Bead's quite profitable. It is a MUST to know the prices of the 9 Lab Maps because they are passing by every minute and can be like 20-50k profits. Knowing the prices of Paint Brushes is also VERY helpful so you dont have to check the TP last minute.

Next Step: Once you search through everything, you should do your best to track when a profitable item ends, so you know what time to come online.

For example: I searched Maraquan PB. I found one for 100k and it was >24 hours. That means it must be on a 2 day auction. So then you see when the first bid was placed.

30,100 NP 7/10/2007 07:14pm

Now you have a ballpark estimate of when it will end. Since its a 2 day auction, it will end on 7/12/2007 at around 6:45-7:14pm NST. It is always good to leave a 30 minute leeway.

Tip: It is always good to place a marking bid so it saved in your "My Bids" section, and you dont forget.

The Next Step: Now The Maraquan PB is about to end.

Now you must enter a price into the box. Since this is a very profitable item, I would say this would inflate about 40-50k once it hits 10. So you enter a price about 40-50k higher than the current price. Then you keep Pressing Enter/Backspace as fast as you can until your bid gets placed. It may not get placed if the item doesn't inflate much though.

For items like 40-50k profit, I'd do about 10-20k higher than current price.

Remember: Auction Sniping takes a lot of luck, and many people go for large profit items, so it isn't easy to win.

Some Useful Information to know:
    If an item is auctioned, The owner of the item has a limited amount of choices of time he can auction for
    1 hour (30 min-2 hours)
    2 hours (30 min-2 hours)
    3 hours (2-8 hours)
    4 hours (2-8 hours)
    6 hours (2-8 hours)
    9 hours (8-24 hours)
    12 hours (8-24 hours)
    18 hours (8-24 hours)
    24 hours (8-24 hours)
    48 hours (>24 hours)

A good amount of neopoints to have out when Auction sniping is 2-3 mill of possible, but 800k would do.

The better the connection you have, the better chance to get a last second bid in.

Also, if there is anything I am missing, please Pm me so i can edit this.

2. sertiun

sertiun Level I

Thanks, nice guide.

3. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

What does this mean?

4. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

Alright, this is american slang somewhat. Here it what is means Now you have a rough estimate of when it will end. Since its a 2 day auction, it will end on 7/12/2007 at around 6:45-7:14pm NST. It is always good to leave a 30 minute difference of time.

5. bliztkoon

bliztkoon Level III

Its a nice guide. But i don't quite get that part about

6. pinkydog

pinkydog Level III

Amount (in Neopoints): BOX

There is a box in which you enter your bid. The box contains the current price of the auction item. So basically, I said if you are tying to attempt a profitable item, raise the price 40-50k, and if its an average item, raise the price like 10-20k.

7. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Level I

man nice guide, thanks alot! i didnt kno that much but now i do thx to u

8. pinkydog

pinkydog Level III

thanks man, comments like those motivate people to write guides :).

9. K1TT3N

K1TT3N Level I

Very helpful, thanks for the write up.