Guide to the Treasure Maps

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by kooldude888, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kooldude888

kooldude888 Newbie

Guide To the Treasure Maps
    There are 6 different maps in the Treasure Maps game. They are the Original Map, Spooky Map, Underwater Map, Space Map, Laboratory Map, and Petpet Laboratory Map. All of them are expensive, but some give out great rewards. Once you submit the maps, you can’t re-sell them or re-use them. The only ones you can keep using are the Lab Maps. There are 9 pieces to all of these maps. You can find map pieces in the shop wizard, trading post, auctions, or even get one in a random event.

Original Map
    [​IMG]

Total Price: Approximately 400k
    Prizes From This Map: Around 10kand some random items such as food, trading cards, neggs, etc.
    I wouldn’t suggest buying this map because it costs quite a bit and the prizes usually don’t come close to the cost so your pretty much losing neopoints on this one.

Spooky Map
    [​IMG]

Total Price: Approximately 90k
    Prizes: Around 10k and 9 random spooky foods
    This is the cheapest map you can buy and it’s somewhat worth it because there’s a chance to get a snorkel snout. I have bought 10 of these totals and gotten two snorkel snouts

Space Map (now retired)
    [​IMG]

Total Price: around 3 million
    Prizes: Around 10k, petpets, other random items, and all pets raised one level
    I personally don’t think that this map is worth it. I haven’t bought this map before and I don’t plan on it.

Underwater Map
    [​IMG]

Total Price: Around 5-7 mill,
    Prizes: 9 aquatic foods, and all pets get raised a level, and around 10k
    This is the most expensive map and I wouldn’t ever buy it. The prizes would never add up to the cost of the map as a whole.

Secret Lab Map
    [​IMG]

Price: Usually changes every now and than but right now around 1 mill.
    When you convert all 9 pieces you instantly have access to the secret lab ray for the rest of your life on that account. You can zap one of your pets there once a day and it can change your pets species, gender, color, and even can raise or lower your pets stats. The lab ray can’t change your pets colors to one of these: Pirate, Plushie, Royal, Ice Bori Baby, Usuki, and Quigiki. It can also can change your pets colors to a limited color only available from the lab ray: Alien, Chocolate, Clay, Coconut, Custard, Garlic, Ice, Jelly, Mallow, MSP, Robot, Snot, and Sponge. I think buying this map is 100% worth it because you can use it to create good BD pets or if you get a good zap, you can sell the pet for neopoints or money.
    There is also an avatar you can get by having the lab ray change the species of your pet:
    [​IMG]

You can get the Lab Ray Scientist as a BD opponent by refreshing at the choose a pet page when you enter the lab. He can change your pets gender while fighting him.
    [​IMG]

PetPet Lab Map
    [​IMG]

Price: You can get one for about 10k sometimes even less
    You only have access to the petpet lab if you already have access to the secret lab ray. It can change your petpets color, species, level, name, turn it into soot, or even make it disappear. You can only zap one petpet once a day. If your petpet is aged and gets zapped into an avatar petpet than you can still get the avatar. If you un-attach a petpet from your pet than it will return to normal. There is an avatar you can get from this too.
    [​IMG]

If you have any more suggestions to add to this let me know :). Im planning on adding the WC Maps to this guide in the near future :)

megadeth1988 and Lightning like this.
  2. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

I think I've seen this before, if you did take it from another site please state so. Thanks :)

3. kooldude888

kooldude888 Newbie

Sorry about that. I did take the pictures from another site but all the info, I wrote out myself.

4. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

Add a pic source link to your post.

5. samy4612

samy4612 Newbie

arent they for random events and why arent they r in shops sorry i havent played neopets in 6 years now i am back

6. Kruiciatos

Kruiciatos Level I

There is the New Laboratory Map (images are updated)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can get lab pieces with random events but u can't buy pieces in shops there is not a special shop for treasure maps.

7. Chezzy

Chezzy Level I

should had forgotten shore get a change at pirate draik egg or pirate krawk mp

8. imperialdarknes

imperialdarknes Level III

the secret lab is definitely worth the investment

9. Princess4588

Princess4588 Newbie

Add the forgotten shore map and the guide will be more complete.

10. despotofneopets

despotofneopets Level I

I kind of don't like the new Lab map look, but this guide was very informative. Thanks!

11. Acorn

Acorn Level I

Informative, reminded me of my bad luck with treasure maps and why I shouldn't do them. :p

12. despotofneopets

despotofneopets Level I

I think the last time I did one of these maps I actually got a draik egg from a treasure map.

13. supracharger

supracharger Level II

My only problem with this is that.. you make it sound like none of
    the maps are worth it.. other than the lab ray an petpet ray...
    When you say random items, how about listing what they are??
    other than that it was nicely put together :)

14. whiteknife96

whiteknife96 Level I

thnaks, im new here :d

15. BloosCloos

BloosCloos Newbie

There are new lab maps and there is also the hidden island map that you're missing.

16. whiteknife96

whiteknife96 Level I

ohh this guide dont work anymore? D:

17. bldesn

bldesn Newbie

I got like 100npts worth of item from the spooky map (i'm not lucky), anyway thanks for the tuto.

18. harrytools

harrytools Level I

How would you get each piece? Could you win them somewere or do you just find them on the floor?

19. Tse7en5

Tse7en5 Newbie

Is the Forgotten Shore also part of this? I have not started getting maps yet, but this certainly helps. Thanks!

20. Lizard

Lizard Level II

You mostly just find them on the floor with random events :) But if you want to get a map together ASAP, use shop wizard and the TP