Having trouble retrieving usernames/passwords from neo?

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Mr Awesome, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Mr Awesome

Mr Awesome Level IV

I have come across a recurring problem a few times. This problem being that Neopets stops sending emails to email addresses that have bounced in the past. I know it has been a problem for AOL customers and maybe some people who have accounts that have been associated to deactivated email addresses.

This guide will show you how to find the usernames and passwords associated with your email address if you are not receiving emails from the Neopets. com email address.

Firstly, go to Neopets and get the lost username option and type in your email address. If you do have an account still registered to that email address you will see this image.

[​IMG]

The next step is to log in to your email address, if you haven't already, and check to make sure you did not receive the email. The image says to wait up to 15 minutes nf.net for delivery, but being realistic, if you haven't received it in 5, dude, you ain't gettin it.

Now at this point, many people will be disappointed that they remembered an old email address that they had an old account on, but can't get the username/password.

I'm here to cure your disappointment.

If the email has not come from Neopets. com, the next step is to go to another of Nickelodeon's game sites. For this example i will use Petpetpark. com.

So go to petpetpark. com and you will come to this image. Click on either, forgot username, or forgot password and input your username and/or email address.

[​IMG]

If the email address has an un-purged account on it, petpetpark. com will send it to you via email.

Log back into your email address and check your inbox (and Spam folders!) and claim your usernames/passwords.

This also works with another Nickelodeon site Monkey Quest (monkeyquest. com)

[​IMG]

I will edit this if i think of anything else. Posted by Mr Awesome for Neofriends.net

Commy likes this.
  2. imperialdarknes

imperialdarknes Level III

got any idea about forgotten birthdays :(?

3. und3ad

und3ad Level IV

You can approach me for Birthdays.

4. Katlyn

Katlyn Newbie

This might be a long shot.
    But what if you can't remember the password, email, or birthday lmao.
    I remember my username very distinctively, and upon searching it, I see it hasn't been purged.

5. und3ad

und3ad Level IV

Well that'd be like me remembering my username as munsterpoo.....:p

6. Katlyn

Katlyn Newbie

LOL
    Well I mean like.. I think the e-mail got purged off hotmail.
    I am not entirely sure, and it's a completely useless.. not to mention embarrassing account.

7. imperialdarknes

imperialdarknes Level III

do you have any idea how long do accounts stay inactive for before they get deleted?

8. Katlyn

Katlyn Newbie

Generally each time Neopets does a purge, it's accounts that have been frozen or inactive for "A long, long time", usually 2 years or so.

But that doesn't mean your specific account will be purged, they seem to be doing it in alphabetical order each time they have a purge.

9. ladies_boy_1986

You can approach me for Birthdays.

10. dayvus

dayvus Level I

guess i got lucky :)

11. bldesn

bldesn Newbie

you should have a guide for retrieving birthday.

12. j0hnvir0

j0hnvir0 Newbie

Is it all fixed yet?

13. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

i found an old account of mine that was (somehow) not frozen and searchable and everything but when i tried to login, it didnt work with details that i was pretty sure to be correct. I emailed TNT and they told me that they deleted old accounts and would not give it back to me. I don't really understand this because i can still see my profile when i search for it so were they just telling me to shut up basically? is there still hope for my old account?

14. Icarus

Icarus Level II

Does this method still work because I heard it was patched.