1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones made to break?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by antpi1e, Mar 3, 2011.

1. antpi1e

antpi1e Level II

Does anybody else have to buy new headphones every 3-4 months?

Granted I listen to mine on max volume....maybe thats why.. :yup:

2. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

I do go through earphones quite a lot. I use them while travelling so I don't store them the correct way (pretty much shove them in my pockets when I'm not listening) so the wires stuff up. Dead giveaway is when I can only hear out of one side.

3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    I don't use headphoens much. The one set I do have are Astro A40's and I use them for movies/PS3. I look after them though... They work fine still. (had them for a few months now too..)

4. Coolanime1

Coolanime1 Level I

How is it possible to use the headset on ps3. Is your head set wire less and where buy them?

5. 5tar

5tar Level I

I literally go through 4 or 5 pairs per month. I guess its because I am careless with them and use them everyday...

6. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

If you buy quality then you wont need to buy quantity and they make specific rugged construction headphones if you tend to be careless.

7. Coolanime1

Coolanime1 Level I

You do have a point. I had the dr.dre headset. You can't believe how strong they are. I drop them many time. Nothing happen and the headset still works like they are brand new.

8. daFalco

daFalco Level III

I sometimes sleep with my headphones on (which is connected to my iPod Touch in my pocket). This probably screws up the connecting metal part of the headphones and I seem to go through my headphones with somewhat alarming speed. Which is why I just buy the cheap models.

9. AOWPIE

AOWPIE Level I

my headphones always get tangled no matter what, not like tangled but naturally become twisted inside the cord casing, its really annoying and the only reason i ever hafta buy new headphones

10. birdtail

birdtail Level II

You guys are awfully abusive ;)

I get the Skullcandy ink'd headphones and they last me quite a while. I bought a pair in September and although I don't use them daily, they lasted until my puppy chewed them up last week ;) Now I have another pair, same model, working just as well, and they are like $20 I believe. Surprisingly good quality for the price.

Someday I want Lady Gaga's Heartbeats.
    and Beats by Dr. Dre.
    And other more expensive models ;)

11. Xanth

Xanth Level I

I break my earbuds several times a year. I end up spending like, $50 on earbuds/headphones a year.

-^ Lmao. I reread my sentence and I said "I bread my earbuds," lol. ^-

Looks like I need to go to Best Buy and order some Skullcandies. :p

And as for tangled cords.. I just put my earbuds in my pocket, pull them out and the cords are completely tangled..

It's mysterious how cords magically get tangled.. -_-

12. AOWPIE

AOWPIE Level I

i work at target irl and like every few months we put all our skull candys like 25% and people just come in masses and stock up on them for the rest of the year, its pretty funny. I get an extra 15% on that so i buy a bunch, they are one of the higher quality ones ive bought, even though phillips and sony and more expensive, and claim to be better.

13. Xanth

Xanth Level I

Lol, that's funny. I should start doing that, I just need to find out when they are on sale near my location. Chunk of my budget going with that, lol. ;)

14. Diomedes

Diomedes Level I

Yeah, skullcandy tends to be relatively good value for it's price :)

Though I'm a fan of Sennheiser ear buds. As noise cancelling as you will get with bud earphones.

We can all agree that the earphones that come free with iPhones are useless.

15. Laniatus

Laniatus Newbie

I've had my sennheiser PC 166 USB for 1½ year now. I had one pair that broke but sennheisers customer service gave me this pair. Recently I've had some issues with the cables, as the plugs were falling off. Luckily I'm a man of many talents so I soddered it back together. When it's brand new the sound is amazing and it simulates 3d sound (you'll notice it in some games when the sound comes from behind you. Really amazing)

Best headset I ever had. Before that I had a siberia headset, but it snapped like a twig and I was quite annoyed by it.

Once this headset breaks down for good I'm definetely buying sennheiser again.

16. maded52

maded52 Level I

i go several pairs every couple of months :D but i use them on my pc,i phone, and ipod

17. denownswarms

denownswarms Newbie

Headphones made to break, it is right but there are so less people that change headphone in 3 to 4 months and purchase new headphone in 3 to 4 months, so this is changing system may be costly.

18. Mazzew

Mazzew Level I

I don't think they're made to break, just bad qaulity.
    I don't use headphones so

19. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

How about Dr. Dre's Beats? I like those because they are less bulky, but they give you really nice sound. Mine has lasted...for a while now.

20. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

lucky, everyone i know with beats hates them cuz they break so often

ive been using sennheiser for a long time, had one pair of headphones last me around 4 years, next pair my roommates cat destroyed after a month :( but i just ordered a new pair

in-ear buds off ebay for 30 bucks, they were like 80$ in stores