Help with Wow issue

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by FastBullet, Mar 15, 2009.

1. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

I didn't know where to post this other than the Help section. Mods are free to move it where it truly belongs.

So I bought Wow and WoW BC. I had a free month. I still have a free month. I played half of it (I think). I activated my account and my free month ends on 1 April. TOday I accidentally clicked Activate 10 days trial on WOTLK.

I can't login anymore to play and I'm uncertain if I should install the trial if I don't have a bought retail of Wotlk. I completed and sent a webform to Blizzard with details of my account and my problem.

Still waiting for the answer. Anyone have any suggestion how I can fix this? :p

2. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

You can download the game client for WOTLK and when the 10 day trial runs out, all they will do is strip the features from WOTLK and you will still be able to play normally.

3. Testing

Testing Newbie

Exactly what Cheeto said, the thing is when you download the 'trial' you actually download all of wotlk. You need to remove all of the Wrath files before your account is cleared to play.

4. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

False. I've always had WOTLK on my computer, and still played WoW even though I just bought the code for WOTLK. You DON'T need to take all the files off your computer.

5. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

So it's safe to install trial Wotlk because I'll play on my BC free month once it finishes 10 days trial ? :p

6. Testing

Testing Newbie

Haha, Cheeto, wrong. Look, you download the files, and you are playing the WOTLK version of the game. There are ways to disable and/or not use the files and still play the BC version. If you get the trial, you will be asked to buy it, and if you still see the wotlk loading screen you have the files running and cannot use your only BC enabled account. I hope that makes sense.

EDIT: I don't what to seem like a flamer. (lol.) But I think that Cheeto you somehow disabled the files, if you do not have WOTLK but you DO have BC and have the WOTLK loading screen please talk to me. You can download WOTLK and not have BC and then the wotlk just won't register. So, do you have BC?

7. Andrew

Andrew Level II

Actually, normally with Trials, it downloads the main portion of the game. For instance, the first map on a game would be downloaded, and later when, and if you reach, the other maps they will load/download from an external source which is normally why trials are short, it limits the amount of gameplay in all directions. D:

8. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Heres the deal.

I had EVERY expansion pack of WoW on my computer. That means, I've always been using WOTLK. I just recently upgraded my account. Even if you don't have your account upgraded you will be able to play WoW, just not use the features. Before you start acting smart, look it up. The game detects which expansion packs you have and disables features accordingly.

Also, I'd recommend looking up the definition of a flamer because you're obviously extremely misunderstood on many topics.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHaa

9. Testing

Testing Newbie

Ahem, I've been playing since 2004 Cheeto I know what I am talking about, and I know both terms of a flamer. Hence the (lol.). This is the pretty much the only topic I have posted on, and I was just treated like shit. I even agreed with you and you had to pick a fight.

10. Dark

Dark Level IV

cheeto listen to royal he knows what hes talking about ;)

11. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Sorry Dark, I'll let Royal.....erhm...."Testing" feel like he is smart.

UR RIGHT MR. TESTIN

12. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

I'll listen to Cheeto to see if he's right. :p

13. Noor

Noor Level I

Wow is so addicting!

Please do not spam. You are not answering the question at all - Commy