1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey a few questions

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by StringsOfDeath, May 17, 2013.

1. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

hey i literally just signed up for neopets/this forum today.. i used to play many years ago but i always get frozen and give up for a while. this time, i am trying to do it right (well, i should say: do it "right") this time! what are some tips? how many accounts should I create right now?? I made a "main one" and a second one just in case--do you guys think I should make more than that? sorry for so many questions in one post, but one more: if you had to give ONE piece of wisdom that you would give to yourself on your first day creating an account, what would it be? Like i said, i'm trying to get this right lol

-rob

2. lord__coltzan

lord__coltzan Newbie

I think, 1 main & 3 shell ACC =)

3. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

thanks! i will make 2 more now! do I basically not ever touch my main account with programs or anything?

4. blingblangblaow

Exactly, do all the cheating on the side accounts and launder through main :)

5. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

thanks i will start making a bunch =] i appreciate the (probably obvious) help

6. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Also, use proxies to have a separate IP for each of the accounts. Else all your accounts will show the same IP - and that is highly dangerous since using multiple accounts for restocking, dailies etc is forbidden! Use multiple browsers (I myself use Chrome, Maxthon, Opera and Firefox) for quick swapping between accounts to transfer stuff. Click here for a guide on IPbans and browser proxy use.

Make every account tied to a different email address- that way you might avoid a chain freeze of your accounts (if they freeze 1 account for cheating, they will likely freeze all accounts tied to that email adress. Whether you cheated on the other accounts or not).
    If you are a hotmail user and want to keep oversight of all your email addresses, create alliasses for your main email address(you can have a max of 10). When creating an alias address, click the option that makes an extra folder in your main inbox for the emails to that alias address. Alias addresses function like a regular email address so you can just give those up on account creation.

Take in mind the age of your account can influence what you can buy and do.

Quick list of account age influences:
    Activities:
    You can not do the following activities until your account reaches the indicated age.

24 hours - Post on the neoboards / join guilds / edit description / neomail
    24 hours - Visit (most) dailies
    48 hours - Visit Coltzan's Shrine
    48 hours - Do the Neopets magazine word scramble
    48 hours - Play Test Your Strength
    3 days - Submit a game score into the High Score Table
    4 days - Collect Advent Calendar prizes
    1 week - Vote in the Beauty Contest
    1 month - Collect monthly freebies
    3 months - See all rarities in Neopian shops
    4 months - Adopt and Transfer all pets
    4 months - Buy from the Hidden Tower
    3 years - Buy from the Abandoned Attic

Restocking:
    You are restricted of the rarity you can see in Neopian shops according to your account age. This only goes for main non-player shops. You can still see everything in user shops.

Newbie - r79 and under
    10 days - r84 and under
    16 days - r89 and under
    1 month - r94 and under
    3 months - all

Also watch out with scoresending - it is more suspicious to get high scores with a newbie account than with an aged one. Try to stay off the review scores (click here for a guide for suspicious scores and suspicio. You will still need to figure out safe times yourself!).

A quick way to get money into your sides (without having to resort to transferring NP) is by using the battledome. Do a few battles against the Chia Clown with a half decent pet and cheap equipment (lesser healing scroll + 2x Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, or 1x Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer + Leaf Shield + Lesser healing scroll) and hoard up codestones/faeries. Sell those in your shop (they are ETS). Play a few games to get some extra funds.
    When you've accumulated about 20k NP, hit the Igloo with an ABer (I'd use a 5k+ list at least). If you got about a 100k, swap to regular ABing (take in mind your account age vs item rarity when picking a shop!) and Abandoned Attic abing (given you have a 3 year old account).

Don't get too attached to your shells. Sooner or later if you are cheating (Main shop ABing/Trophy SSing has highest freeze rates as far as I know), it will likely be frozen. I drain off excess NP / UBs regularly to avoid loosing a lot if the shell does get iced - but it is said that way TNT might red flag the account you draining it off to (so whether you want to do this too is up to you).

If you want to avoid having to wait and age your shells, you can buy them on the Black Market on this forum (when you reach level 1).

Hope this helps! If there is anything else you'd like to know, ask. :)

7. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

thanks Lizard! i really appreciate you helping me out! I ran thunder's score sender with (what i believe) was a pretty safe list on my shell account and I have about 75k. I did not do it for trophies, just NP so i think that it was not AS suspicious. While doing that I played legit games on my main account and I have about 20k from that... i guess now i should transfer and start ABing now right?

8. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Yep, that should give you a solid enough base NP to get some moneys :) You can start with 75k as well (depending on where you buy).

9. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

i looked around and it seems that a good place for me to start with a newbie account would be the pharmacy.. i made an AB list but i could only find 9 items on the item database worth buying in the pharmacy--ive been running acheteur on pharmacy for about an hour and have found nothing at all =/

i guess what im trying to say is that i need more advice haha i have been trying to be self sufficient and find older posts with the answers i seek but i am seriously lost! god cheating on neopets is just as time consuming as not cheating LOL wtf

10. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Haha, once you get into it you just let your ABer run while you're doing other stuff :) Its the setup and getting things started that takes some time.

Also, Pharmacy stocks about.. 18 items? 9/18 isn't half bad for profit.

I also have to mention that the restocks seem to have been going slower for the past week or so. I feel like there's more restocks going on around 11 PM NST than at 12 AM (like right now). But thats just my general feeling.

Igloo restocks the fastest overall, you could try your first Abing there.

11. ekleut

ekleut Level I

My advice, don't make your main account's name an in the moment kinda thing. I hate my main account's username now, but I have put too much work into this account to want to switch now. Gahhh.

12. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Yeaaah I know that feeling. Mine is basically xx1234

Which kind of blows. So I started a new main. xD

13. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

i'm tired of pharmacy, whats another relatively safe shop?

14. Fabian

Fabian Level I

Pharmacy is best for starter. Hmm.. Try Stamps (ID 58)?

15. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

i have reached one month now so isnt it time for me to move to a different shop? i have about 1 mil NP in my possession so far so nothing major yet

16. Fabian

Fabian Level I

I had been playing for years and I'm still in Pharmacy =)

17. idoteko

idoteko Newbie

Try food it often restocks bag of peanuts

10k+ food list (299 items)

http://pastebin.com/GKTKzkUA

Also (hopefully I don't jinx it) I've been AB'ing for around 3 months now without being frozen. I've noticed anything of a 1.8+ buy time is relatively safe and you still get a bunch of stuff. I AB in stamp with a 70k+ list and make at least 350k daily, sometimes a lot more if I'm lucky.

18. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

hey thanks for that! I will start branching out in other shops but nothing big like magic right? how do people buy stuff in magic if you always get frozen for ABing there?

19. wazzy

wazzy Newbie

Yea Im starting back too this was really insightful. Potentially, Is it better to make more and more shell accounts the longer you go? I mean creating them all at once and having them the same age could be a give away. even if you do use different ips?

20. StringsOfDeath

StringsOfDeath Level I

while thats true, i bet there are so many users that it would be very difficult for them to call that conclusive evidence when theres no real proof