1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix a non working program

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, and Information' started by the_skip, Jul 25, 2007.

1. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

Ok, so you just downloaded your first program and you find out it dosn't work :X:
    This will help you pinpoint the problem

1. I just downloaded the program
    Solution:Make sure you have installed the files here downloads.php?c=6 most importanly the vb6 runtime files and the .net framework

2. The program will say "program name Has encountered
    Solution: Download the vb6 runtime files in the download section

3. It says I need the .net framework
    Solution: Download it from the download store

4. The program said that I am not authorized
    Solution:Make sure you have got it from the downloads section and it is still there. Also, try again and make sure your firewall is not blocking it

5. I press a button and it does nothing
    Solution: Make sure it is not blocked by your firewall, and you have internet acess

6. When I click on a perl script the endow just opens and closes
    Solution: Perl is very complicated to use but here is how you can fix it. What you want to do is press windows logo + r and type cmd. the press eneter. On the command line enter cd (the path of the folder which contains the script) Make it easy on your self and put it in the c:\ dirve. so if the scripts are in c then put in cd C:\ . then type perl name of script. In teh command line there is no coping and pasting

7. I download a file and unzip it but windows does not recognize the file type
    Solution: If it is a pl file download perl and if it is a .scar file then get scar. They both can be downloaded here downloads.php?c=6

if you have any errors that are not found here or cannot be fixed fell free to pm me about it