How to make an Image Blog in Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by John, Sep 1, 2009.

1. John

John Level IV

Not telling because you'll just be jealous psshh..
    Image Blogs in Photoshop

Okay, so in this tutorial I will be using Photoshop CS4 simply because that's the version I have.

Step One First of all, open up the image you want to use (you can do fancy effects or whatever before you start this tutorial. For demonstration purposes, I will be using this image:

[​IMG]

Step Two Then, click on the selection option, and draw a sqaure, and position it however you like (this is where the text would go). If you would like rounded edges, then on the top bar, Select>Modify>Smooth, you will have to input how round you want the edges to be. I'll put 10.

Step Three When you're selection is ready, on the top bar, Edit>Fill, and then on the dropdown Use: select Color. It will pop up with 'Choose a colour'. I will choose White. After, you have to select the opacity. This depends whether you want your box to be transparent or not. I'll set the transparency to 50%. Click OK. It should now look something like this:

[​IMG]

Step Four If you wish, you could add some text on the top. I'll just add 'Example' for obvious reasons :)

Step Five To finish it off, you can add a border on the outside by going on the top bar Edit>Stroke and inputting your settings.

The finished product should look something like this:

[​IMG]

Coding the Blog

You can find a nice guide for coding an Image Blog here:

All Credits go to Cool Cherry Cream

Freja likes this.
  2. donjuantriumphs

Ooooh nice, I've always wondered how people do this. Very pretty *steals tutorial and runs off to do one* XD

3. B_B

B_B Level I

thanks for the guide :) trying to make my own blog now