1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I remember when I started playing neopets and...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Virre, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Virre

Virre Level IV

... I would only feed my neopets vegetarian food!
    ... I always kept them in a good mood
    ... I actually cared for them as if they were pets!
    ... my cheating strategy was to sign up for several accounts for the refeer bonuses

So yeah, this is thread for sentimental value. What do you remember when you started playing neopets?
    Any things you did on a regular basis that showed value of how you cared for something special in the game or the neopets themselves rather than just to get a big pile of neopoints?

2. Heather

Heather Level IV

.... I would buy food from the regular shops (didn't realize what was usually left was overpriced at the time) to feed my pets
    .... I would groom/play with my pets daily
    .... I loved my christmas pet just as much as my faerie pet (and both were BNed)
    .... I thought 100,000 NP was impossible :lol:

3. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

- I thought I was so good with like 5 second haggles lol at all the stuff leftover from the restock.
    - Thinking I had so much nps when I had 200k
    - Playing with my pet and feeding/grooming it everyday
    - Spending all my nps on lutari beads thinking I would get lucky
    - My idea of cheating was making multiple accounts and visiting tombola and snowager...bad@$$

4. AOWPIE

AOWPIE Level I

-Shops restocked gradually, so AIM chat room restock alert chats were common
    -There was only 5 places to explore
    -faeries were considered good to restock as well as novas
    -cant remember anything else as it was over 10 years ago 0_0

^ ya i been playing neopets since before they even made irl items lol. (first toys were released 2001 i believe)

5. daFalco

daFalco Level III

- Spend every minute on Neopets Shop Wizard sniping codestones.
    - Refer to above comment.

6. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

You know what? When I started playing neopets, I remember getting my first random event: A tai-kai codestone. I looked up what they were for, and I went to the Mystery Island to train. It asked for a bri or some cheaper codestone, so I went to the trading post and asked for a direct trade. Boy was I surprised when many people offered it. Noob.

I also used to brush my pet and keep it full all the time, as well as play with it just to keep it in the 'Delighted!' mood.

My first legit restock was at the organic food shop, because it wasn't profitable not many people were there. I considered a few hundred np profit decent at the time.

7. Badge

Badge Level II

I remember doing all my daily games and goodies just so i could spend a year trying to get enough for a baby pb XD

8. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

I would put all my junk (fishing junk, junk food and all that) on the TP, hoping I would get neopoints.
    I stuck to the Coltzan Shrine timings to get the stats or dubloons or levels.
    I thought the higher level my pet, the stronger it would be (just level)
    I priced items in my shop according to the default estimated value neopets assigns to it.

9. AOWPIE

AOWPIE Level I

oh ya, and EVERYONES siggy said XXXX/450k for baby paintbrush or w/e and it was every 12 year old girls dream lol

10. lando

lando Level I

I remember those days... I would go to the malls that they had and look for cool stuff to buy, I would actually go to the grooming parlor place to buy combs and toothbrushes for my pet. I even bought my pet a spoopy which he asked for in a random event lol

oo and I would restock nanka potions and fire jugs at the magic shop XD

11. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah! I used to do this. Especially with omelettes I got from the dailies. People used to bid on them! I used to also put all my other junk in my shop and price them. I realised that was a waste of time after...a long time.

12. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Yeah commy! I would price my junk in shops for 10-100NPs and hope it'll sell.

13. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha, the stupid thing with the omelettes and jelly is I used to shop wizard them and go for the lowest price. Hooray! 13 extra np per day!

14. imjustjesus

imjustjesus Level II

The only way to make NP was play games.
    I had only BN accounts and pets.
    One time I had 600k and I thought I was better than munsterpoo.
    Finding a codestone was like...OMG!! YESSSSS! :D

purple315 likes this.
  15. dochack

dochack Level II

I remember when they had the One Billion Neopoint Giveaway! I didnt win and got all pissed off xD

16. Xanth

Xanth Level I

I remember voting on the design for Jetsam and Eyrie. I remember 'Tatsu' and 'Cerpull,' too. Dragon to dumb furry-dragon to gryffin. Lol.

And as for neopoints, I used to play potato counter and visit the money tree for them for a lonngg while, because Norton blocked flashes on my computer. I was only a kid and didn't know how to fix it. :K

17. tampatbbucs44

tampatbbucs44 Level I

Having like 500 hypno helms and all the cheap MP's

18. dreamlorde

dreamlorde Level III

I remember when I had no idea that AB/SS or any other Neopets cheats programs existed. I created my pet, logged on & planned on rocking all over the site. Then I started seeing what I knew instinctively were impossible game scores. And I had my suspicion about getting smoked constantly at restocking. Thus I started searching the internet to find out if I was right, and somehow someone was cheating. Lo and behold. I didn't come here at first to exploit the website. I came here to figure out what the hell was going on. I didn't like it at first, either. I challenged people here on why they cheated and I made numerous reports to Neopets about this website AND cheaters in-game. Then, when that proved to be completely useless, I started ABing. I couldn't continue to play normally with the knowledge that cheaters existed, were doing infinitely better than me at Neopets, that I stood no chance of beating them legitimately, and TNT was not going to do a damn thing about it.

I've seen on here from time to time concerns about TNT's involvement with this or knowledge of this site. To lay everyone's confused worries to rest, here are the facts:
    1) TNT knows about this site - I know, because I told them myself a long time ago
    2) TNT will not lift a finger against this site or any other cheating site - completely obvious. It's odd considering that cash transactions are made for Neopets virtual merchandise which would give them legal ground in court, but I guess the truth is they just feel they can't be bothered. I remember, back before I found Neopets, playing Magic the Gathering and when people first started making their own custom cards with TV show themes or what-have-you. Wizards of the Coast hunted every single website selling custom cards down and gave them all cease-and-desist or face lawsuit threats. I guess WOTC didn't have anything better to do.
    3) Either TNT watches this site or people snitch. The very first time I got nabbed for ABing, it was after I posted on here indiscreetly about what I had just gotten. I had been ABing for a while with no problem, and I was using settings that everyone here would consider safe at the very least, if not downright slow. Many months later, I created a shell account through proxy and let it sit. I PMed one - and only one - person on this site to see if they wanted to buy it. They declined. Two weeks later I tried logging into the account and it was frozen, although I'd never done anything with the account except create it. Coincidences? You're a fool if you believe so.

19. rmiles87

rmiles87 Level II

I would always spam the shop wizard to get super cheap codestones to turn for profit. I was so stoked when i got over a million and then i would blow it on something like a paintbrush and start over. If only i would have invested smart back then...

20. Virre

Virre Level IV

Oh how many things I can relate to here!

Another one: I would actually make bottled faerie giveaways for users that bought from my shop. Once every week, if you bought for at least a certain amount of nps.
    This was before giveaways became against the rules.
    Oh the times!