Igloo ABer idea?

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Naff, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Naff

Naff Level II

If you want to skip the paragraph I put the 2 ideas at the bottom of the post ;)

I just recently bought the igloo aber and its awesome. I see other users have already mentioned the 10 item limit issue, but to reduce the risk of freezing could there be an option for the amount of time you would like to run the program?
    This would help in the case if you need to run some arrands and you dont want the ABer running for like 8 hours when you bought 10 items in the first 2 hours.
    Another idea might be to have a type of schedule for it to run on, like if you were to go on vacation or something. You could set it to run on specific days at specific times.

I dont know if this is possible because I know nothing about programming, but I thought I would just throw that out in the open xD

-Set the amount of time you want the ABer to run
    -Set up a schedule for it to auto start. For it to run on certain days, say you go on vacation or something.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

If you are a n00b ( :p ) and run Windows, I believe there is a scheduler built-in so you can schedule certain tasks to be run at certain times.

If you are 1337 and run Linux, you can put the commands on your crontab

3. Naff

Naff Level II

but will that log me into the ABer and start it ?

4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Ermm... No... But you could write a simple macro script to do all that

5. Naff

Naff Level II

Ermm... No... But you could write a simple macro script to do all that
    -----------
    *scratches head*...I understand your point :), but I have no idea what a macro script even is! :p But thanks for your help :)

6. Noone

Noone Level II

a macro is a pre set program that does stuff

think a computer program to do human stuff like enter passwords, such as this case

macro's are commonly used in MMOs by botters, somewhat sinonimous with macro, and exploiters

7. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

Noone, is there anyway you can show it or give more info on how to do it, cause i have no clue how to do that, but i'd really like to be able to do that with a lot of these programs, since i'd basicly have to do nothing.

8. Freestyle

Freestyle Level II

Just google it.

9. Noone

Noone Level II

unfortunately it's much more complicated then simply reading about it...google could give you a good start but most relevant information specific to neopets is already on site I'd imagine in the guides provided for people wanting to learn how to hack neopets

you could try downloading a learning book on VB.net or java from http://www.thepiratebay.org if you really want to start learning, can't find the info here and don't want to spend money on real books/classes

It's all very tedious to one degree or another and you really have to enjoy doing it to make it worth while...that is enjoy programming for programming itself. It's much easier to join the script kiddie band wagon and simply purchase the programs from this site...or maybe that's just me. You could try requesting a program be made from one of the programmers on site and maybe you could work out a deal of some kind.