Imagination flow (maybe a few prizes two)

Discussion in 'Contests and Events' started by DeNo, Jun 29, 2008.

1. DeNo

DeNo Level III

I just think its a good idea where writers and just let their creativity flow on this site..
    The writing section looks pretty dead, so maybe ill try and defibilise it back to life :D
    Not really official prizes, but if i get a partner here I enjoy writing with a few 100k here and there wont hurt =]

Well, the topic to centre it around is : Sky.

---------------------------------------

The chilling wind gushed through Avant's body.
    Rather, it was Avant that gushed through the wind.
    Up in the air, above the clouds, it was an infinite playground.
    As he shot through the air, Avant closed his eyes and let himself meld into the sky; the borders of his existence started to slip and merge into the identity of the sky. The feeling of when his own self dissipated into the greater unknown, it was rupture.
    His mind slowed, and he let his concentration wane; his unconscious took over.
    His streamlined body relaxed, the wings protruding from his back folded smugly to his body, creating a missile rather than a person. He started to free fall.
    He was still one with the sky, yet at the same time with the dive it was like he was slicing through it. Like an hawk he raced across air on his way down, twirling and twisting through the unmarked course.

A minute? A moment? An eternity? Who knew. Avant never wanted to open his eyes, but he knew he had; else the reunion with mother earth would not be a pretty one. The sight that greeted him was a worrying one, the ground was rising fast and he was dropping even faster. You sure can time em' Avant. Instantly, Avant's wings stretched out too their full span, a glorious three metres of light grey feathers which seemed to shine in the afternoon sun, jerking him out of free-fall and made him painfully wind-resistant.
    Avant battled the relentless G-forces and he could feel gravity pulling on every bone and sinew in his body. His body screamed from the pressure as he redoubled his efforts with impact soon imminent. Just a little more.. Just a little more.. Avant's mind focused and tense his body to control the air flow and lined up his sights for the target: the castle.
    Still with the momentum of thunder, Avant ripped across the landscape barely managing to avoid the taller trees. Smiling to himself, he had done it! Giving his mighty wings a flap, he sped up towards the monolithic structure dead ahead. From the sky - where Avant had observed from - it looked like a giant beetle amongst the rest of the land, up close it was uglier; like a giant toad.

After a minute of being within sentry and archer range of the castle, they had finally noticed the winged intruder, but it was too late.
    - Its 3am, isnt my best writing. But continue as you will, if not. I will :p -

2. Royal

Royal Level IV

Well, before I would try to contribute some of my poetry, but you must tell me did you pick sky because you had it done and ready? Or did you use a random word generator and wrote it there?

3. DeNo

DeNo Level III

just put typed it out, bolded it, blue'd it and intalic'd it haha

4. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Nice, I suck a writing -.-

5. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Well all my accounts got iced and i pretty much forgot about this since it was so dead hahaha.
    So i guess this threads pretty much gone.
    If you want to continue it, your welcome to

6. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Heh... Well still. Some people have the talent for writing so I think people should still post here since there isnt a place to submit written art, only graphics art.

7. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Yea, actually. Im doing some serious cramming today ._.
    need to write abit to clear my mind.

[WATCH THIS SPACE]

8. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Lookin forward to it =]

9. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

-watching-
    O.O

10. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

I was watching first... =D This is my space.

11. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Sharing is caring <3

12. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Haha sorry guys
    The trials are next week and have been procrastinating like crazy :O
    haha nahh.. its been bloody hekkas (hectic) the last week.
    First time ive logged on in ages.
    Its 2:30 am and i gotta wake in a few hours, but since there are actually people watching this space i feel obligated to write something.
    Though i'm sorry to say it will be short :S
    I'm im quite the melancholy/sleepy mood.. so here it goes!

Aser craned his neck backwards and stared up the the delicately painted ceiling. The priceless chandelier seemed like a reversed golden fountain spouting its dazzling content. With both elbows leaning back on the banisters and his focus on the small flower decorations that vined across grand dome over him; he hardly noticed the petite auburn haired girl losing her footing. Distracted by the intricate design for a seemingly trivial decoration, he also didn't notice her break her air of eloquence and start to fall. Scrutinizing the color and texture afar he unfortunately missed the hand of the pale girls moving towards his face at frightening speed for stability. Suddenly, Asers examination of the ceiling was rudely interrupted by an eclipse of what seemed like a velvet white glove. One that poked him in the eye.

His first reflect of self-defense was quite pathetic. He squealed. He seemed the athletic type with the reflexed perfect for catching the falling broad in this situation but he wasn't. His long wavy dark hair came undone from its usual perfect grace and his handsome features which was his usual ticket into ladies panties changed to one of unrestrained terror as he nearly flipped over the railing. The whole ball seemed to come a stop. Aser felt the eyes of every gentleman and lady upon him. In a quite undignified manner he scooped up the lady - near girl, and help her upright. He dusted off his black Armani suit - as she did with her black Gucci dress.

Aser's eyes caught hers. Blue, eternal sky blue within them. Her complexion visibly reddened into a warming blush juxtaposed with her flawless pale skin when she took in the sight of the suave european. A flushed apology was offered but politely declined with the flash of pearly teeth, "No madame, It was my pleasure to 'catch' you". A light and dainty giggle peeped from her, "Charlotte, pleasure to meet you". Ahh, British, Aser enjoyed them. It was a break from the boisterous Americans or the exotic latins. They had an innate elegance that was rare - well atleast any that he bothered with usually did. "Why thank you, Aser as your service". Another dainty giggled ensued.

--------

There is a twist.. though im too tired to finish it.. if you guys think its any good then i might ppersist in the future.
    Theres probaly a ton of mistakes haha but im too sleepy to check.
    FFEDDBACK.

13. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Oooh Nice.... =]

14. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Hehe thanks. Any feed back? :)
    though there isnt much to feedback on

15. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

lawl, i cant give feed back on writing, I can't write to save my life so your work seems perfect when I read it.

16. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

lol, same. I don't really know the difference between good poetry and bad...

17. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

If its written by a famous poet, its good poetry. Otherwise, its either bad or mediocre. Kinda like art :p

18. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Not necessarily... >_> You don't have to be famous in order to create "good" art. That's the lamest logic I have EVER heard.

19. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

I was kidding :p
    I was mocking the fact that if a famous artist draws anything, its good art. Of course, that's not true, but everyone makes fun of abstract art :p

20. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Nicetry, backpedaling don't work with me.