INFLATING: For the experienced and noobish.

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Adam, May 27, 2008.

1. Adam

Adam Level III

This guide is not complete and wants to have more added to it, so just lemme know wat needs to be added, and Id be glad to have it shoved in.

If your too lazy to read the whole thing, I sum it up on the bottom in RED

1 Choosing an item to inflate: I assume this goes without saying, only pick items that have demand, inflating HTS items is clearly stupid.
    2 Ok, so you want to pick Items that are either retired or difficult to come across on the site, Obviously. This means that the best items are specials and specifically old Advent calendar items. Another thing to keep in mind is the population of the item, and what the population looks like for the future. Last you definately want to focus on AVATAR ITEMS!!! People love avvies and being an avvie item means money, (HINT HINT) snicklebeasts.
    3 You also clearly want an item with a relatively small population in order to be able to be able to actually make an impression on its price, so for advent calendar items, Id recommend Y5 or older. The most important thing you can look for is what the future of this item looks like. The best items would be one use items like stamps, obviously, because if they are one use and retired, ther population has nowhere to go but down, This is what made the Ring of Sloth Stamps sucha great infate item.
    4 Next, I am assuming that unless you have a 20 million + bank you cannot do this on your own. Unless you can tell that TONS of people are already inflating, you need to talk to people, (on this site), explain your plans, and get a bunch of people to agree, STRENGTH in numbers definately holds true in this sense. You really must consider that there are many thousands of most items on neo and you cant have people bailing out on you, which leads to the NEXT point.
    5 FAILING- Ok, so sometimes people will lose interest, or straight up your investment might start to look weak. There is no correct answer in this situation. If you see an item has increased 20k and then sorta hovers at that price for a few days then starts to fall, BAD SIGN, this is what happened with the ring of sloth stamp, it went from 33k => 50k in 10 days, but after 15 days was still at 49-50k... then 20 days, 48-49k... I saw this and quickly bailed at 47k, as did many other people which caused the value to eventually sink down into the low 40s... The cause of this was lack of participation... People went nuts during those 1st 10 days, buying up hundreds at a time, but b/c we didnt have enuf people in on it, once we were all dried up, every1 stopped buying, with the market for ring of sloth stamps going from booming and every1 wanting one to nearly dead caused them to drop, which was clearly not good. The moral of this story is that you need to make sure you dont buy ALL at once, rather then buying 100 in 1 night, buy 20 nightly for 5 days.
    6 Sale- Once it comes time to sell, its really up to you, but do not sell 340 of a certain item in ur shop. This will probably get you frozen. Its happened to me... If TNT notices an item thats been inflated appear by the 100 in somebody's shop, theyre gonna get all mad and just freeze you. This actually did happen to me, so just watch out.. Sell by 30s, stay patient.

OVERVIEW: So, your looking to agree on a retired/special item, that has demand, a small population, and is preferably an avvie item or one use. Once you have decided on an item, make sure you have a large enough following with enough funds to make a dent in the market. And lastly, stay patient and dont make TNT mad. :p :maha: :yup: :p :maha: :yup: :p :maha: :p :yup: :p :yup:

2. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

The problem is alot of the items that are retired and offer avvies are already inflated... lol.. but nice guide.

3. Adam

Adam Level III

Yup, which proves why its a smart idea. There are still a few retired stamps out ther (year 5 stamp) (seasonal stamp).... And hey... stamp colllector avvie.. stuffs still out ther

4. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

That's generally the idea, but sometimes it's not always true, Bag of Peanuts for example. The rarity is ridiculously low and they're around 600k....I'm just hoping a couple people bail on it and they crazily deflate.

5. Adam

Adam Level III

Well this is just because BOP is an avvie item, and avvie items are in high demand