1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Java Questions

Discussion in 'Code Snippets and Tutorials' started by utahclock, Aug 29, 2011.

1. utahclock

utahclock Newbie

from some one with 0 knowledge about programming but wanting to learn to program...

two questions

what is a GUI

and

what is a Wrapper ?

2. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

3. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Like Shawn said, the GUI is the visual stuff that a user would interact with. Behind the GUI, the programmer has to basically make these things that the user interacts with 'work'.

A wrapper is a class that has functions to handle web connections and cookies (things that keep us logged in, simply put). Wrappers are needed for Neopets programs because Neopets programs need to access, login to, and navigate around Neopets. The important part about a wrapper is not accessing the web as much as it is handling the cookies. If we did not need to login to Neopets, a WebClient in the .NET framework (not 100% it's equivalent in Java) would be all we need.

Also, if you have no experience with programming, I would suggest a simpler syntax language like VB.NET.

4. utahclock

utahclock Newbie

Okay so I would need to "code" a program first, then creat a GUI for it ? in order for it to work correctly ?

5. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

In part, yes. You could code the basic functions of what the program would do before you create the GUI, but I prefer to develop the GUI so I know what features and functions I am working with.