Jolly Jugglers Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by sickandtired, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sickandtired

sickandtired Level IV

Hello and welcome to my guide to the Jolly Jugglers game. I have this trophy so I am pretty familiar with this game. Even though I beat it I just can’t stay away from it, every day I play it so that i can get three thousand neopoints. Well enough about me already lets get into the game!!

This game is about two chia brothers on a quest to find their sister who has been taken by the evil Mutant Chia. The Jolly's (Jolly and Olly) are very protective of their sister so they are ready to do anything to save her. Jolly and Olly must climb to the top of the tree battling all types of monsters and facing difficult challenges. So get ready for some action!

First we need to study up on what the problem is.

Objective: rescue the Jolly’s sister from the mean green mutant chia.

Okay here we go.

First thing you need to do is read the instructions of the game.
    Then when you start playing the game make sure that you lose as little lives as you can, because the Mutant chia is hard if you haven't gotten there before.

The key to this game is to have good hand-eye coordination and a very quick trigger finger.
    The beginning of the game is quite simple but as you get to levels three and above more little critters start to appear in larger groups which make it harder for you to hit the right ones.

The Importance of Ammo:

Don't go wasting all of your ammo on a single group trying to get lucky hits in.
    What I do is that I wait patiently and set my eye on a single target at a time and wait for the perfect moment to strike!
    The ammo you get in the little boxes only contains five bullets each. Ammo is very important for the end so save up.

How can I use the other Jolly/Olly?
    Well all you have to do is press Z to switch. Be careful though later in the game you will need to know how to switch very quickly from Jolly to Olly because of the drackonacks that run towards you.
    You cannot switch while you are jumping.

Bonuses:
    The icon with the arrows going up and down allows you to jump three times as high now.
    The icon with the big spark in the middle allows you to shoot two bullets at one time.
    The icon with the little chia in the middle gives you a shield for a couple of seconds.
    Warning!: If you get the Super jump bonus and the power bullets bonus with Jolly that doesn't allow Olly to use them too. Only the shield lets both Jolly and Olly use it.

Fruits:
    The purple fruits give you a bonus of 5 points.
    The orange fruits give you a bonus of 10 points.
    The blue fruits give you a bonus of 15 points.
    The yellow fruits give you a bonus of 20 points.
    I’ve sometimes gotten some extra points with the blue fruits and yellow fruits. The blue fruits give me a bonus of 15 to 20 points while the yellow has given me 8 to 10 points.

Running low on life?

Both of your Jolly's have two separate lives so lets say that Jolly has twenty five armor and Olly has seventy five armor, well all you have to do is switch two Olly since he will most likely have a higher chance of not dying due to his higher armor. You can also do this in vice-versa.

When you get to the almighty Mutant Chia you need to be careful with your Life and your Ammo. Mutant Chia has a lot of life so you don't want to lose a life or he will gain all of his health back.

Tip: When you start to battle the mutant chia start bringing down his life fast. When his life is about half way start to collect the falling ammo.YOU MUST WATCH OUT FOR HIS BLASTS!!!! They take away a lot of damage and can be a problem if you don't know how to dodge them.

How Do I dodge the Mutant Chia's blasts?
    You can try to jump over the blasts if you want but he can always get you if you don' time it right.
    There are Four cloud platforms in this level so use them wisely the first small platform is the best one to dodge the blasts from all you need to do is jump on it and walk over to the farthest side of the platform. If you are on the left side of the level go farther to the left so that the blasts just skim over you head without hurting you and do the same for the right side.

How can I get the trophy?

First of all the trophy might take some time to get.
    All you have to do is get to the mutant chia and have his life to where you need to hit him once and he's dead. Then just keep dodging him for as long as you can while getting all the ammo that appears. Let’s say the high score is 2000 points and you only have 1000 points while facing the mutant chia. You will need to have 1000 ammo save up with either Jolly or Olly. then once you have the amount of ammo you need to get the trophy kill the mutant chia with the jolly that has the most ammo, because once the mutant chia is down you can keep hitting him until all your ammo is gone. You get 1 point added to your total score for every time you hit him when he’s down. So if you did what I said and saved up some ammo, all you will need to do is keep hitting the space bar.
    Once your done send score and if you added the right amount of ammo that you needed to get the trophy then the trophy is all yours so Congratulation to all the Neopians who get the trophy or beat the game :).

I hope you all like it, and remember it's just a game so if you lose just try it again later. Enjoy :)

2. antikitra

antikitra Level IV

So this is your guide? Very nice. +rep

3. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

The fruit values don't fluxuate they're always:

purple: 5
    orange: 10
    blue:15
    yellow:20

When you collect the fruit, the amount of points you gained floats above your head...they never change. You may be confused because you get 2 points for every petpet you kill.

I change the Z key to the down arrow when I play because it helps to have all the manuevering and switching from olly to jolly in the same place. It's easier to kill the drakonacks (especially on level five) because you're using one hand to shoot, and your other to switch back and forth.

Oh, and it might be helpful to mention that if you've picked up a shield powerup and then pick up a different power up while your shield is still up, whichever person you used to pick up the second power up will lose his shield.

And in your example for getting the trophy, you'd only need jolly to have 800 ammo because of the bonus 200 you get for beating the game.

And another way to get really high scores without the tedious task of collecting ammo that falls on the mutant chia level is to, if you have multiple lives, to play level 7 repeatedly until you're down to one life. On your last life, go through the portal to the mutant chia. You'll still have to collect ammo, but not nearly as much to get you that 3k+ score. You also want to wait for shield power ups because then, you can get really close to the mutant chia and the bullets come out faster, hence, killing him more quickly.

4. omgcat

omgcat Level IV

great guide..

+repping :)

5. Xiaoset

Xiaoset Level III

Good guide, +reputation

6. sickandtired

sickandtired Level IV

Thank you everyone it took me 2 hours to write this :)

7. babyx_fob

babyx_fob Level III

Wow great guild +rep for you i can use this guide in the game :D !

8. drdd10

drdd10 Level IV

heh i told you bout the dodging with the platform :p

9. cameronCRUNK

cameronCRUNK Level IV

nice guide. +rep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.