Joost Invitation

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by everestsummits, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everestsummits

Does anyone have a Joost invitation they can send me?

I just went to the Joost website and it is still in beta but when I clicked on the beta link this is what was there:

"Hello! Before you can sign in and download Joost, you need an invitation from another user.

If you've already received yours, please sign in to download the Joost software and start watching TV."

I guess it is like gmail when it was initially released.

So, again, any current Joost beta tester willing to give out an invite?

if so pm me and I will give you my email.

2. x0angelus0x

x0angelus0x Level III

What's a Joost invitation?

3. antikitra

antikitra Level IV

I highly doubt anyone here has it. The beta invites went through VERY fast. Good luck

4. Billy

Billy Level IV

i managed to get into the beta, but i forgot my username :cry: well, it doesnt really matter because it didnt work for me. anyways, the only way to get an invite is through the beta, sorry.

5. lolcool22

lolcool22 Level III

You're not going to get a beta invite for free, they're being sold for up to $15 on eBay. There also aren't many people who have them left (i have one :)). Good luck finding one though.

6. everestsummits

thanks

Thanks for your optimism. And I really enjoy the fact that you have an invite available to rub in my face.

Regarding the 15 bucks....i dont pay for anything on the internet unless i feel it is a worthy enough cause for money (neofriends for example).

even tho the 15 is chump change i still wont buy it, but, again, thank you for the advice.

7. lolcool22

lolcool22 Level III

Re: thanks

There's nothing to be optimistic or pessimistic about with Joost, it's impossible to get an invite for free, plain and simple.

And regarding me rubbing my invite in your face, I'm giving it to my friend once he gets back from vacation, so I wouldn't sell it to anyone anyway.

8. btboy5

btboy5 Level II

What is Joost? I got a gmail invite I think, lol. Can't remember how I got gmail.

9. lolcool22

lolcool22 Level III

Joost is an online TV service. You download the client, and you can watch their multitude of TV stations on your computer. The stations range from Poker Network to Fight Network to National Geographic channel. According to Joost:

Joost is a new way of watching TV on the internet. With Joost, you get all the things you love about TV, including a high-quality full-screen picture, hundreds of full-length shows and easy channel-flipping.

It's a decent service. The channels aren't "high" quality, most of them are pretty low-medium quality in fact. This should change however, I heard they just signed a deal with CBS or NBC (can't remember which) so they'll be able to air those in pretty high quality.

Right now, Joost isn't worth having. There's not many good channels, and most of the "programs" are only a few minutes long. The only real shows they have on there right now are some MTV shows like Laguna Beach.

10. Billy

Billy Level IV

i remembered my account and i have three invites, pm me if you want one.

11. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

What's Joost? o_O

12. Billy

Billy Level IV

All out of invites, sorry guys.

13. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

Yeah gmail users 8)
    My friend gave it to me. He got it from his brother. His brother got it from his friend. I think that person actually was one of the few people who got to sign up w/ out invite. (They had it open for a few hours one day)

14. lolcool22

lolcool22 Level III

Guess they gave everyone three free invites.

I have three left as well, if you want one PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.