Koran burning

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by powerof0, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11209738

The pastor of a 50-member church in Florida is planning a Koran burning on 9/11. Now that the event has become so publicized by the media, the top US commander in Afghanistan warns that "troops' lives will be in danger if an American church sticks to its plan to burn copies of the Koran."

Thoughts?

2. Ddvw123abc

Ddvw123abc Level I

They are threatening Global Jihad

3. domini212

domini212 Level III

This is just sad.. Some ppl can be so ignorant. how would they feel if bibles bc of the holy wars.

4. Aemira

Aemira Level III

They need to calm down. They can't get so butthurt over every single thing insulting their religion. All other religions get made fun of too and not everyone agrees with a lot of religions, but you don't see any one but Islamists going around blowing shit up because of it. And same goes for christians they shouldn't be upset if a bible is burned, and jews shouldn't be upset if a torah is burned. It's just paper. There are other copies. You should only get all outraged if it's something like hmm let me think the beautiful historic Buddha figures that Afghanistan destroyed a few years back... they lost out on so much tourism. Retarded.

5. Ddvw123abc

Ddvw123abc Level I

Yeah people in Iraq, Iran etc defile the American Flag and the Bible all the time. And we are actually trying to keep peace not threatening global holy war

6. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

That's not the point. It's what the books represent. Although you may see it as just paper, it can be seen as a message of disrespect and hostility towards the follower of Islam. I'm agnostic, and although I wouldn't be totally outraged, I would feel anger if some creationists started burning The Origin of Species and made a big hoohah about it. These sorts of issues should be expressed through discussion, not through such actions.

It could also be a huge publicity stunt for that particular church, but if so they're going about it the wrong way.

Virre likes this.
  7. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

No joke, the church that's planning the event is in my town. Everyone here, including me, is scared out of our minds and I don't know how many petitions I've signed for this guy to call off the event. My friends are even bailing out of the football game we have this weekend va usf lol my mom told me to stay indoors this is pretty crazy

8. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

Damn Charlie that is insane!! I don't agree with it at all - I don't know what type of Pastor can condone this type of hate towards another religion - it is just disgusting in my opinion.​

9. Freja

Freja Level IV

Excuse me my language, but this is fucking stupid. Don't do it. I don't even see the point? It's not like they're going to achieve something by burning the Koran. I mean, I could understand it if it actually had a purpose! But come on, all they're going to do is upset some one. And if anything, just make the Islamists hate Americans even more.

I seriously got mad when I saw they were going to do it. Ignorant christians X_x

10. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

lmfao my dumbass roommate wants to go to the burning and video tape it >__>

11. Code

Code Level II

Saw this on the news. I don't understand lol, that dude is attracting people to kill him. I don't really see the point of this.

12. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Let him go.. Then when he doesn't return kindly accept his PS3 as a parting gift and play me online >:)

I'm with everyone else.. Stupid stupid idea. I can see it causing more problems that it already is.

13. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Apparently he called it off because of some agreement to move the mosque site in new York

14. purple315

purple315 Level III

Well about the Torah being burned for Jews it's a lot different. Torahs are hand written and take 2 - 3 years to write, along with being extremely expensive. They have 0 spelling and punctuation mistakes and are written on special paper. Nothing really happens though when a Torah is destroyed though. Some people ripped apart one and then threw it in the rain in my town and nothing happened to them really (police wise).

15. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

16. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

Fyi to all - the Pastor has cancelled the Qu'ran burning - or at least he has for the moment :/

17. Ddvw123abc

Ddvw123abc Level I

Actually its back on, he was told that they would move the Mosque but the Muslim leaders who told him that said that they never said that

18. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

He is probably just trying to prolong his 15 minutes of fame by adding a few twists to keep things interesting. I wish the media didn't elevate this nutcase to nationwide and perhaps worldwide recognition, because there will most likely be some kind of retribution on other Americans who have no part in this.

Tax payers will probably have to pay for his security detail too. :nope:

19. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Where you from?

20. Ddvw123abc

Ddvw123abc Level I

Yeah but the Quran says they can lie if they need to. So maybe thats what the Muslim leader did, who knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.